Buggy Hauler type trailers

ElCaminoManT

Reaction score
Doing research, still a ways off from upgrading but curious if folks have feedback or suggestions on brands that make 18' deck length 10k rated wide-deck buggy hauler type trailers. A couple that pop to mind right away are the MaxxD H5X Buggy Hauler and the PJ B5 Channel Buggy Hauler. Not planning to use it for a buggy but my current 16' Mirage flat deck car hauler is not a wide-deck and with only 83" between the non drive-over fenders, it has been an issue several times for trucks or other wide vehicles. It's also very easy to go over the 7k rating it has. Otherwise has been a very solid trailer, just looking to upgrade at some point.

:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing research, still a ways off from upgrading but curious if folks have feedback or suggestions on brands that make 18' deck length 10k rated wide-deck buggy hauler type trailers. A couple that pop to mind right away are the MaxxD H5X Buggy Hauler and the PJ B5 Channel Buggy Hauler. Not planning to use it for a buggy but my current 16' Mirage flat deck car hauler is not a wide-deck and with only 83" between the non drive-over fenders, it has been an issue several times for trucks or other wide vehicles. It's also very easy to go over the 7k rating it has. Otherwise has been a very solid trailer, just looking to upgrade at some point.

:cheers:
Have a look at Worxs Haulers... I checked out every trailer manufacturer I could find over the course of about a year, the Worxs best suited my need.  I ordered my trailer just 1 year ago today, owner Guy Chrest builds an absolutely top notch trailer. I bought the "Mid Deck", 18 foot...  if you're interested, I can fill you in on the specs/ details of my build.  They're located in Oak Hills, Ca.

https://www.worxshaulers.com

Have a look at Worxs Haulers... I checked out every trailer manufacturer I could find over the course of about a year, the Worxs best suited my need.  I ordered my trailer just 1 year ago today, owner Guy Chrest builds an absolutely top notch trailer. I bought the "Mid Deck", 18 foot...  if you're interested, I can fill you in on the specs/ details of my build.  They're located in Oak Hills, Ca.

https://www.worxshaulers.com
Wow, just from the pictures it looks like those are some stout trailers! I'll have to look more into these, thanks!

I see PJ trailers all over but like a lot of the mass produced trailers, I haven't been overly impressed. MaxxD look like solid trailers but I've never been able to look at one in detail. I had several BigTex trailers before the current Mirage and was very disappointed with them, particularly in the wiring and overall build quality. My Mirage isn't that great but is many steps above the BigTex trailers, IMHO.

With the prices of trailers now, may just be better to widen the deck to a full 102", make the fenders drive-over, and swap in 5200lb axles.

With the prices of trailers now, may just be better to widen the deck to a full 102", make the fenders drive-over, and swap in 5200lb axles.
Have thought about it but the entire frame will need to be beefed up. Like most trailers I've researched, the 7k rated trailers use smaller frames than 9,990k/10k trailers. Suppose not the end of the world considering I could add the 2' dovetail like I'd spec on a new trailer. Good thing I'm only researching this right now, a new trailer is a ways off.

Have thought about it but the entire frame will need to be beefed up. Like most trailers I've researched, the 7k rated trailers use smaller frames than 9,990k/10k trailers. Suppose not the end of the world considering I could add the 2' dovetail like I'd spec on a new trailer. Good thing I'm only researching this right now, a new trailer is a ways off.
Might be a little less weight efficient, but the new perimeter frame could be 10k trailer spec.

Have you looked at New Trend yet? Jesse will build you what you want. They did a great job on my mid-deck drive over fender 20'. Greasemonkey owns it now.

I have had a few the best were:

New Trend 28' deck over - loved this trailer but didn't need the 28'

PJ Buggy Trailer 20' - super nice trailer but the wheel wells stopped the tire too far back and the weight of the rear engine caused some sway. 

Diamond C - 20' deck over - Really nice trailer super well build, stupid ramp design than required modification

I should be picking up an Alum 20' deck over any day now, I think this is going to be the keeper. I have had a few other trailers and I would highly recommend doing a deck over or maybe mid-deck so you can position the car where you need it for proper weight distribution.  

Check out Yiro Trailers. They are out of Mexicali. They build a lot of trailers for off=road race teams. I had the 18' "class 10 special". it was a nice trailer.
They make some sweet trailers and pricing seems reasonable.  I know someone that got their UTV trailer about a month ago.  

The Yiro trailers with the storage boxes is really nice.  PCI Radios has one and I got to check it out when I was at their shop.  

Back