Buckshot front engine buggy,

that is interesting.  I wonder how it dunes.  or is that really a dune buggy or a "desert" buggy (or a street car disguised as an off road vehicle)?

Buckshot builds some COOL Moo Sheeenes!!!! awesome lines!

I remember watching Andrew build this car.  I think it was more his take on the "Rally Fighter" from Local Motor several years back. I'm pretty sure he only built this one. I think its a pretty cool concept,  but not sure how it would dune with the front engine.  I guess similar to the V8 Rails from back in the day.

Cool AF and seems like a pretty good deal for the right person . . .

Watched the build from the ground up then drove it on the street when he finished it. CA street plated. Cool car.

Racer has a front engine sandrail, it was on display a few SSSS's ago in the Hangar. Dale has built a few of them but I haven't seen one in Glamis yet. 

I guess if you didn't want to wheelie and just dune this would be ideal.

abc

Remember seeing him rip that thing through the canyons.   

Sorry Fat Fingered that one, Cant afford a transaxle, then this would be a good way to build a car, 

Sorry Fat Fingered that one, Cant afford a transaxle, then this would be a good way to build a car, 
Seeing more and more front engine builds recently. Can save a ton of money not running a transaxle; though the hung member does add to cost/complexity if irs is wanted 

You can put a hung IRS member from a bunch of dif SUVs, like, I think, Expedtion, Exploder,  Suburban (maybe), Nissan Armada, maybe Pathfinder, Sequioa....I think on all of those, and I am sure that are more.  The Q, what sort of R&P do they come with.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can put a hung IRS member from a bunch of dif SUVs, like, I think, Expedtion, Exploder,  Suburban (maybe), Nissan Armada, maybe Pathfinder, Sequioa....I think on all of those, and I am sure that are more.  The Q, what sort of R&P do they come with.
UR gonna need a 10"+ ring gear if you really want to handle any real HP/paddles.  That really limits the selection of IRS set-ups - although the Ultra4 guys are running some insane 3rd members.

UR gonna need a 10"+ ring gear if you really want to handle any real HP/paddles.  That really limits the selection of IRS set-ups - although the Ultra4 guys are running some insane 3rd members.
The Ford 9'' housing will except a Pro 9 Gear that is a 10'' gear, but the automatic will be easier on the ring and pinion, the pro 9 are used in Top-A cars making 3500-HP and also used in some Desert Trucks running races all year,   My Favorite is still Kevin DD car, 

Back