Broke brakes?

Goatpoker

Reaction score
Hey all, just installed a new 6-piston Gear One caliper and cutting brakes. On my test drive the driver side handle felt very firm but didn’t really put much force into the rotor.  About a mile into the drive the driver site rotor started smoking bad. 
I jacked it up and the driver side would it spin without a breaker bar. Passenger spun nicely, light drag 

next step I pulled the caliper and only one of the pistons was moving. I c-clamped that one down and none of the other pistons would move and no fluid would come out of the bleeders on either side of the caliper. 
Bench tested it and it’s all locked up. Any ideas?

IMG_0905.jpeg

IMG_0903.jpeg

Found a motor issue during packing so I stopped prep and took the golf cart to the dunes. So, I haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet.

Quick shout out to @parker@gearone for responding to an email on Christmas Eve and getting me a replacement on 12/26. Amazing customer service and support! You rock!

Effing brakes 😭 :lmao:

Glad it's getting handled. 

:cheers:

Found a motor issue during packing so I stopped prep and took the golf cart to the dunes. So, I haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet.

Quick shout out to @parker@gearone for responding to an email on Christmas Eve and getting me a replacement on 12/26. Amazing customer service and support! You rock!
Parker @parker@gearone always comes through. Gear one for the win. All day!!! Xmas eve!! Happy new years

Last edited by a moderator:
Back