Brawley mechanic

ez71pilot

Reaction score
Out in Glamis from Indiana anyone know of a trustworthy mechanic in Brawley need a clutch done on a  2010 mini Cooper Thank You

I’m just guessing here but you may have better luck near ElCentro.

Either way hope you get it up and running without too much trouble.

Plus one for John Wood Automotive. But, he is world renowned for his PowerStroke Diesel transmissions. I have his TowMaster trans in my 2001 7.3L and the few times I’ve been to his shop I have only seen HD trucks. Not sure he does Cooper repairs.

He might know someone though.

I’ve heard good things about this shop. Worth a try. 

John Wood Automotive
(760) 554-7517
https://goo.gl/maps/Ji8wCvVaeKtFXpvi9
John wood only does Ford Transmissions, The guy who shares his shop I would highly recommend though.

Here was my experience with him. 

As I pulled into the wash I went to switch into four high it would not go, I started to sink a little bit so I pulled the lever back into four low. Four wheel worked just fine. End of the weekend I pulled out of camp and back onto the road it would not switch out of four low.  I messed around with it for over an hour I had four low and neutral, Had a few others look at it as well. So i crawled back to storage thru my stuff in Guy's truck and got a ride home. 

Did some research and figured it was my transfer case and it more than likely would need to be rebuilt.  I called John Woods only to be given I want to say Junior's number. I talked to him he didn't have any insight other than he could rebuild a transfer case and gave me an estimate for that work.  Called around Phoenix and found out it was about the same cost.  So I had the truck towed to Holtville just as JR. was set to leave for a vacation of 10 day's no big deal I wasn't in a hurry. It would be done in time for my next dune trip.

Fast forward two weeks and I get the call. Say's it was fixed and a simple fix at that, No charge.  I guess a bolt fell out and the push pull links to a butterfly thing that shifted the transfer case .

Get to Holtville on that Friday night he tells me how they dropped the skid plate and it was plain as day. Never removed the transfer case, He tested it and it worked flawless. Said no charge. I handed him a $50 and said thank you.  

He had me over a barrel,  He could of rebuilt the thing any way, he could of put that bolt back and zapped me for the re-build but instead he does the right thing.

John wood only does Ford Transmissions, The guy who shares his shop I would highly recommend though.

Here was my experience with him. 

As I pulled into the wash I went to switch into four high it would not go, I started to sink a little bit so I pulled the lever back into four low. Four wheel worked just fine. End of the weekend I pulled out of camp and back onto the road it would not switch out of four low.  I messed around with it for over an hour I had four low and neutral, Had a few others look at it as well. So i crawled back to storage thru my stuff in Guy's truck and got a ride home. 

Did some research and figured it was my transfer case and it more than likely would need to be rebuilt.  I called John Woods only to be given I want to say Junior's number. I talked to him he didn't have any insight other than he could rebuild a transfer case and gave me an estimate for that work.  Called around Phoenix and found out it was about the same cost.  So I had the truck towed to Holtville just as JR. was set to leave for a vacation of 10 day's no big deal I wasn't in a hurry. It would be done in time for my next dune trip.

Fast forward two weeks and I get the call. Say's it was fixed and a simple fix at that, No charge.  I guess a bolt fell out and the push pull links to a butterfly thing that shifted the transfer case .

Get to Holtville on that Friday night he tells me how they dropped the skid plate and it was plain as day. Never removed the transfer case, He tested it and it worked flawless. Said no charge. I handed him a $50 and said thank you.  

He had me over a barrel,  He could of rebuilt the thing any way, he could of put that bolt back and zapped me for the re-build but instead he does the right thing.
Honest repair people/shops don't need to take advantage of customers. They always have all the work they need. 

Back