Braking system Balance Bar adjustment

Bobalos

Reaction score
IIRC @John@Outfront wrote up a post on how he adjusted his braking system & adjusted the Balance bar on  his buggy.  I searched & cant find it, which leads me to think it was pre-dataloss. 

So, I think I have my rear Master Cyl issue sorted out (It was bad.  I have not pressure bled out the new one yet, but its already much better).  Now Im wondering how to adjust the balance bar & get that that configured correctly.  Heck a 2 or 3 sentence description on how that works & what its supposed to do, would be helpful.  It seems like there is more to it than just a bar that pushed 2 master cylinders VS one. 

thanks

Bob

the balance bar should initially be set in the center.  the key is to have the balance bar straight (perpendicular to the clevis) when full braking.  this may leave the balance bar going crooked when at rest (that is ok)  if its not perpendicular you should be adjusting the clevis's to achieve it (not moving the balance bar right or left)  once this is established you can move the balance bar right or left to change the bias

wrong way: do not try moving the balance bar back and forth to correct its perpendicularity

wrong way: do not adjust the clevis so they are equal at rest

upon greater scrutiny, if the balance bar is crooked at full braking then the clevis xcan rub on the brake pedals and surrounding area and reduce braking power

Back