BOV selection help

Glamisdude

Reaction score
Hey guys, 

im putting together a TT build in my rail. I bought a what you would call standard blow off valve (precision 50mm). I have been looking at other cars and noticed a lot of you use a bypass style with a filter?  Is that what everybody is doing to keep sand out?  I have seen 50/50 both ways. 

thanks guys 

Bypass/closed system is best.  Marginally less lag on shifts, but mainly much smaller chance of sucking Crap in.  You're either sucking Crap in, or it's cranked tight enough to not open under deep vacuum (4000rpm coasting down a dune face, for example) and possibly allowing some surge before opening.  Less ghey pew pew noises too.  :biggrin:

If you switch, make sure it juuuust starts to open somewhere around idle vacuum (15-20in/hg), seems to help a finicky engine idle better not breathing through the entire turbo plumbing system, at least it did back in the day.

Bypass/closed system is best.  Marginally less lag on shifts, but mainly much smaller chance of sucking Crap in.  You're either sucking Crap in, or it's cranked tight enough to not open under deep vacuum (4000rpm coasting down a dune face, for example) and possibly allowing some surge before opening.  Less ghey pew pew noises too.  :biggrin:

If you switch, make sure it juuuust starts to open somewhere around idle vacuum (15-20in/hg), seems to help a finicky engine idle better not breathing through the entire turbo plumbing system, at least it did back in the day.
Makes sense, I appreciate the info

thanks

Show us where you plan to mount it. After the intercooler is preferred than before

Back