Border Security Bill

Mac

Reaction score
Defending our country against ILLEGALS has been a very important topic for me for years.  Watching the World unfold these past years has been painful and dumbfounding.  The current Border Security Bill is the big topic all day, everyday.  I know they are pushing this new bill but the GOP keeps bending and offering concessions of "acceptable limits" for an open border.  ABSOLUTELY NOT!  Sen James Lankford (OK) is the head Republican negotiator.  I heard an interview with him telling people everything is a lie and to support this bill.  The bill supports ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!   While not my Senator, I decided to write him.  I guess we'll see if I get a response.

Senator Lankford,
      Sir, I know you are a lead negotiator on the current Border Security Bill.  First and foremost, I DO NOT SUPPORT the current content or measures in the bill being discussed.  

Per your interviews, The topics of Enhanced asylum screenings, increased migrant detention capacity, increased deportation flights, an end to catch and release, and the daily immigration cap, are not enough.

- Why are we negotiating an "acceptable" limit of ILLEGAL aliens?  This should be ZERO!  I support nothing less!
- Why aren't we including verbiage that "sanctuary" cities and states are illegal and the Federal government will sanction those cities and states for violating Federal law?  So much of what is happening is due to these cities and states "encouraging" ILLEGAL immigration.
- Why is there not verbiage removing ALL TAXPAYER FUNDING to support ILLEGAL aliens?  
- Why isn't there more verbiage on the capture and deportation of ILLEGAL aliens that have already come to the U.S.?
- Why is there not verbiage on the roundup and remain in Mexico pending asylum hearings?  Most of the ILLEGALS that have made asylum claims are false and will only find other ways to stay in the U.S. (have anchor babies, steal identities, run/hide from U.S. immigration, ect...)

AND WHY?!?!?  Is a U.S. Border Security bill tied to foreign aid?  Why isn't the U.S. important enough to have a clean and separate bill to protect the U.S. and its CITIZENS?!?!?!  This is the biggest disgrace!  I did not give this country 25 years of my Honorable and Faithful Service to just sit and watch our country be invaded and destroyed, or become second or third priority to foreign countries and ILLEGALS!

Respectfully,

Steve McCubbin

@Mac I would hope this Letter hits him in the forehead TODAY! Peace

We're all in your boat.....I wish there was more we could do....

I know.  Just trying to do better than just b*tch about things.  I've become a thorn in a few Congress people's side this year.
Or at least their staff, which has to take time out of their busy day to throw your letter in the trash.  I bet you are on some "Don't read letters from this guy" list.  Sad what this has become.

I know.  Just trying to do better than just b*tch about things.  I've become a thorn in a few Congress people's side this year.
Thanks for being a thorn we all need to follow your example @Mac

Hundreds of billions to secure Ukraine's border and defend the invasion of their soil.  Death and destruction OK in East Europe but we can't put up a fence or barbed wire to secure the U.S.

It bogles my mind...

This country is going to HELL!

@Mac I wish you could have wrapped that letter around a brick and threw it at him in the FACE!

Our government has gotten really good at doing whatever the hell they want and "smoothing it over" with us later.. over and over they prove that there's no penalty for their actions and they know it. It's never been so clear to me that the majority of these politicians are there for the money and the inside info.

What boggles my mind is how prevalent it is these days to negotiate and legislate "acceptable" levels of criminal behavior, at all levels of gov!

Pay attention to words when these effing crooked politicians speak, they use terms such as "managing" the border, not securing it and enforcing the current laws.

Well put Mac!

Props to Progressives for understanding that the war on accountability & reward for effort could be won at City Council, school board, water district and county seat levels.

Many of the politicians that finally get our attention on issues that matter to us are fully insulated from their actions / inaction by the time we’ve heard of them. The machine that got them their initial low level political gigs is in full control and cannot be bargained with once it placed them in higher office.

the current laws are fine and in place they have to do their job and enforce the current law. once that is done then the can amend the current laws to allow for more visa and legal crossings. They are just bringing this bill forward so they to get money for ukraine. If this bill is passed it will just go back to the way it was it will take a valent effort and many years to actually secure the border. Therefore any bill that is passed is total BS its just a piece of paper to make people feel good and fool them into thinking that they actually accomplished something. The way i look at it trump was strong on boarder security did slow it down a little but it was no where near secure. Biden is for open boarders and has allowed all the people that couldn't get in under trump in so its averaging out to a degree. The only concession i would grant on a boarder bill in return for a mass mobilization of our national guard, military and boarder patrol effectively closing the southern border is 180 day stay on the current illegal's for them to get documented, show income from a job wit a TIN number paying taxes, no govt assistance or face being deported and allow them a path of citizenship after 10yrs of good standing in the community. I would predict 80% of the current illegal's would not pass this and have to go home. Also any infractions with the law other than some stupid motor vehicle violation equals deportation. When that all gets done then they could visit the existing problem of the lack of available visas to come here legally

Now that the bill has been released and details are starting to emerge, what are thoughts on this.

I believe it was meant to fail and the Dems wanted/needed it to fail to provide the idiot in the oval some cover for the upcoming election. It was a win win for the Dems, if it passed it would tie the next President's hands and allow millions of immigrants in and directly set them on the pathway to citizenship (along with the ones already here), and if it failed, they would use it as a hammer against the Republicans. Democrat leadership is slimy, and damn good at dishonest political games.

just another joke i don't remember the actual funding amount but i think it was like 20 billion for the border 100 billion for ukraine and other stuff. if that doesn't tell you what they care about more

The 20 million is for more support to legalize them quicker....NOTHING In the bill for a wall or closing the border... WAKE UP PEOPLE..................

Reactions: THD
Back