Body shops?

cali kid

Reaction score
What’s up GD, I’m looking for a reputable body shop to get my 67 Mustang painted. The one guy I had turned out to be a flake and I don’t want to wait a year to get it done. I’m not looking for a complete restoration but also not a cheap job. Willing to pay $$$ for the right job. What do you got?

Popular subject as always.

At work we call it "Paint Jail".  We always tell customers these 2 things:  Who ever starts the paint job will most likely not finish it and no matter what time frame they tell you, expect to not have your vehicle back for a year.

Posted this before but it works.  My advice is to attend local car shows/events.  Take a close look at the quality/finish you want then ask the owners who worked on it and about their experience.

Simons Autobody (Geza and Christina Simon) in the OC. She used to be on the boards years ago as "pixalatedxxxxxx"

Not sure if they do restorations or just common insurance type work.

What’s up GD, I’m looking for a reputable body shop to get my 67 Mustang painted. The one guy I had turned out to be a flake and I don’t want to wait a year to get it done. I’m not looking for a complete restoration but also not a cheap job. Willing to pay $$$ for the right job. What do you got?
Where do you live?

gongora's in Pomona does older cars...had a bunch of mustang coupe to fast back conversions in progress there...they know old cars... 

West Covina 
It really depends what condition the car is in and what your goal for the car is. 

I had my 66 Chevy II done by Best of Show Coachworks in Escondido, Ca... The car turned out bitchen and the fit and finish was a 10, but it was not cheap. You may want to call Matt @ BOS and let him take a look at it.

FWIW..... all body shops lag and Patience is a must when restoring a car, but I promise you these guy WILL do a first class job

another person to call is Lang @ LP Racing.  he has been doing a bunch of high end cars & might have a line on painters. 

FWIW, this is a ridiculously talented fabricator & car builder.  DAMN nice stuff. 

https://www.lpracing.net/

gongora's in Pomona does older cars...had a bunch of mustang coupe to fast back conversions in progress there...they know old cars... 
Thank you. I’ll be giving these guys a call this week. My car is at PMR race cars now and it’s almost done plan is to take it to paint after it’s done there. 

Back