Bluetooth meat thermometer.

Kraut_n_Rice

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
I'm in need of a new one.  The last one eat batteries and wouldn't reach the 40 or so feet from my smoker to my couch...

What are you using? 

thermoworks produucst are what i use.  ive heard good things about the meatr stuff too, but ive never used them.

Look at those reviews!! Do those probes work decent for air temps?

Finally put this thing to work.  WAY better than my last Bluetooth unit.  The main unit is better.  The app is better.  And, best of all the range is WAY better.  As far as I could conceivably get in my yard (80ft), I still had 60% reception.  I could probably check the temp from my mail box 100yds away with this.  

As far as air temp, included in the kit are two clips to mount a probe elevated off the grate.  I did one just for giggles as I was using a Traeger.  It was within 5-10 degrees of the Traeger display.  One cool thing about the app is that it has a button you can tap to view a graph of the temp changes (only goes an hour back).  So, I can actually watch the smoker internal temp fluctuate, as well as the meat rise.

The app has generic settings for various meats and the temps.  You pick the meat, and "done~ness", it picks a temp to alarm at.  Also has one for air temp.  The air temp one isn't adjustable, low warning at 212, high at 395(?) But. it also has a custom setting that you can set to alarm at your desired high OR low temp.  You could set up two sensors, one to do high, the other low if you needed alarms in the middle of the night.  It does alert over the app on your phone.  Along with that...I'm not about to trust it to wake me out of an IPA slumber at 4am because either the meet is to temp, or the sht is too cold because it ran out of pellets....LOL

Worth every bit of $60.

If only it had a camera and a built in spritzer mode....LOL

D4A7E486-7F58-488F-BB5E-3614A49D4389.png

57A523FA-4A33-45FE-8FA9-01A6F1FCAAB9.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back