Biz assets for dirt or dirt assets for biz?

RiverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I try to keep all my toys pretty clean, or as perfect 10 as is in my ability.. Anyhow today I had to get my enclosed Offroad trailer out because I had to go pick up a golf cart at one of my wife’s real estate listings because it’s closing tomorrow.

Anyhow it got me to thinking about how this trailer was a perfect 10.. then it became team rdp moving company for either staging or helping clients etc.. whatever it’s worth it, I’ll get a different one when time and finances allow.

Now my perfect 10 trailer is like a 7 at best.. lol. Inside is all scratched up, outside has some scratches.. :(

Anyhow do you ever use your dirt shit to help your businesses? Or your business shit for the dirt?

Kicker to the story.. 48v golf cart.. when I went to pick it up it was plugged into the wall but volt meter reads 5.6 volts..

Someone left the stereo or something on eventually the charger turned off. More than likely smoked all the batteries. 😳

IMG_5444.jpegIMG_5445.jpegIMG_5446.jpeg

Business , personal, whats the difference!! My shop f450 flatbed truck has moved more people, both employees and friends. My shop trailer has moved more cars and other peoples crap. It's all the same. Just glad i have it when I need it. Nothing is a "10", but as long as it works when I need it.

Business , personal, whats the difference!! My shop f450 flatbed truck has moved more people, both employees and friends. My shop trailer has moved more cars and other peoples crap. It's all the same. Just glad i have it when I need it. Nothing is a "10", but as long as it works when I need it.

I gave up trying to keep my stuff in 10 condition a long time ago.

I don't have enough fucks in me to care anymore!

I was recently camped up in the Sierra's with my 20 some year old beat to shit truck and trailer, right next to some guy with a brand new track and 5th wheel.

I bs'd with him and his wife one day for awhile. We were both just happy to be there. She was far more jealous of my cooking, than I was of their new truck and trailer! 😁

20240628_201131.jpg

I gave up trying to keep my stuff in 10 condition a long time ago.

I don't have enough fucks in me to care anymore!

I was recently camped up in the Sierra's with my 20 some year old beat to shit truck and trailer, right next to some guy with a brand new track and 5th wheel.

I bs'd with him and his wife one day for awhile. We were both just happy to be there. She was far more jealous of my cooking, than I was of their new truck and trailer! 😁

View attachment 120266

There’s Schiada guys and there’s pontoon guys.. I’m not judging.. point in fact I have lived both sides of the fence somewhat recently. 😳

That Hallet 340 I bought though holy shit.. 3 families came up in that.. I asked him
If he plastic wrapped the interior..’ 😳😳🤪🤪😍😍

When you get to be a fifty something, 7 is the new 10. I try to keep all of my stuff in as perfect a condition as I'm capable of, the problem is time has its way with me and I run out of it routinely. Yesterday I washed and dried my 40' pusher, and that was it I was not going to do anymore. It really needs to be waxed but I certainly don't have the time to do that. It's kept under shelter and never out in the sun so it'll be there when I get around to it.

Back in my Havasu days we'd spend countless hours cleaning and polishing gel coat and stainless, spending the time with a toothbrush around all of the deck hardware and screws. Then for 2 hours after putting it back on the trailer we would use vinegar and clean all of the water spots off, you colorado river guys know what I'm talking about. I babied the shit out of it, even with putting supercharged big block torque to the stock Bravo, I never once broke the drive, shutting it off and starting it in gear so as not to bang it in and out, shifting it into gear on the down side of the blower surge, but don't get me wrong it wasn't a trailer queen I had the prop unloaded more than once on windy afternoons. Maybe it wasn't a waste of time doing all of those things, when I uncover it now it still looks like it could be almost new, it isn't it's 30 this year. Hasn't seen water for 10 years at least, one of these days we will get it wet again, I hope the engine will turn over still...

Last edited:
When you get to be a fifty something, 7 is the new 10. I try to keep all of my stuff in as perfect a condition as I'm capable of, the problem is time has its way with me and I run out of it routinely. Yesterday I washed and dried my 40' pusher, and that was it I was not going to do anymore. It really needs to be waxed but I certainly don't have the time to do that. It's kept under shelter and never out in the sun so it'll be there when I get around to it.

Back in my Havasu days we'd spend countless hours cleaning and polishing gel coat and stainless, spending the time with a toothbrush around all of the deck hardware and screws. Then for 2 hours after putting it back on the trailer we would use vinegar and clean all of the water spots off, you colorado river guys know what I'm talking about. I babied the shit out of it, even with putting supercharged big block torque to the stock Bravo, I never once broke the drive, shutting it off and starting it in gear so as not to bang it in and out, shifting it into gear on the down side of the blower surge, but don't get me wrong it wasn't a trailer queen I had the prop unloaded more than once on windy afternoons. Maybe it wasn't a waste of time doing all of those things, when I uncover it now it still looks like it could be almost new, it isn't it's 30 this year. Hasn't seen water for 10 years at least, one of these days we will get it wet again, I hope the engine will turn over still...

Well I guess the question is what is it?

You got me salivating

'94 Tahiti 240 Warrior, it was a Hardin Marine built Tahiti. Dave Wood was the guy who built the hull. Ours is a very rare open bow, Paul Pfaff built our engine. It's outdated now but have no reason to get rid of it. We always wanted a big tunnel with twins but never pulled the trigger on one, instead we got into the Glamis thing and bought a 40' pusher, and then there's the new sand car we're still building, that rabbit hole just keeps on getting deeper and deeper.

Sorry I don't have a photo of our boat on this computer.

Last edited:
There’s Schiada guys and there’s pontoon guys.. I’m not judging.. point in fact I have lived both sides of the fence somewhat recently. 😳

That Hallet 340 I bought though holy shit.. 3 families came up in that.. I asked him
If he plastic wrapped the interior..’ 😳😳🤪🤪😍😍

And then there are Stoker guys. People that actually use their stuff!

😜

I actually like stokers.. they just aren’t half the boat a Schiada is.. lol

RD

Says you! 😁

Although truth be told, I've never been in a nice Schiada. I wanted to go for a ride in the one Paul had with the OB, but it just never happened. Oh well.

Well I guess the question is what is it?

You got me salivating
Here you go it’s all I can come up with. This was after a rebuild. I never get tired of listening to a healthy BBC. Old school shit rocks!

Here you go it’s all I can come up with. This was after a rebuild. I never get tired of listening to a healthy BBC. Old school shit rocks!

Sounds pretty good even with the mufflers!

Don’t get me started with the mufflers!! About 2000ish we used to get hassled by the boat cops for excessive noise. They would hang out by the cliff at the sand bar with their decibel meter and pass out citations, they were $170 for the first violation and went up from there. So we had to put the Gibson mufflers on. Freaking open headers used to be LOUD!

So I bought this thing a little over a year ago with the idea of hanging some banners on it for my wife’s real estate team.. then doing open house with an arrow etc..

Then we put on our first supercat fest and my buddy hung an 11’ digital screen on the side of it.. 👀

As you will see that kinda snowballed into “we need a led sign truck with concert audio for movie nights and enough power to power an Offroad campsite or construction site etc..”. (Pretty much if you can think of it, it does it.. provided wifi at events, movie nights, large video game screen, advertising, etc etc..)

IMG_2140.jpeg70001905161__381EC116-4E39-4F3C-97D5-9982441DA2BC.jpegIMG_4190.jpegIMG_4230.jpegIMG_4741.jpegIMG_4743.jpegIMG_4744.jpegIMG_4751.jpegIMG_5481.jpegIMG_5482.jpegIMG_5487.jpegIMG_5488.jpegIMG_5780.jpegIMG_5782.jpegIMG_5786.jpegIMG_5797.jpegIMG_0200.jpegIMG_0201.jpegIMG_0224.jpegIMG_0252.jpeg71538542321__713AC072-96E8-4B0C-B942-FDA040E9F226.jpegIMG_0271.jpegIMG_0273.jpegIMG_0274.jpegIMG_0357.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyhow it should be finished this weekend and with the purchase of Glamisdunes.com we will take it to Glamis to promote the website and member parties etc..

The speakers attach to the screen and the sub hangs off the back of the truck.. it is “concert” loud if it needs to be.

Had I known what it was going to end up being I probably woulda started with something other than a 24 year old ex waste management truck. lol.

IMG_5282.jpegIMG_5283.jpegIMG_5284.jpegIMG_5285.jpegIMG_5286.jpegIMG_5287.jpegIMG_5288.jpegIMG_5289.jpegIMG_5290.jpegIMG_5291.jpegIMG_5292.jpegIMG_5293.jpegIMG_5294.jpegIMG_5295.jpegIMG_5296.jpeg

Last edited:
Back