Better quality fan switches.

ChasingSand

Reaction score
Pulled out my water outlet today for another repair and the fan switch pretty much broke when I tried to unscrew the connector. Only lasted one season. Anyone have recommendations on a solid brand?

image.jpg

I’ve never had issues with the painless thermo switches

I think they all kinda suck - and I use the ecm now on everything, but have had good luck with the Setrabs. 

Pulled out my water outlet today for another repair and the fan switch pretty much broke when I tried to unscrew the connector. Only lasted one season. Anyone have recommendations on a solid brand?

View attachment 38062
How is your system wired? Are you using this switch to ground the fan motor or are you using the switch to ground a fan relay? I would thing that without a relay your problem might be an overload on that little thermal switch. Just my .02

How is your system wired? Are you using this switch to ground the fan motor or are you using the switch to ground a fan relay? I would thing that without a relay your problem might be an overload on that little thermal switch. Just my .02
It’s wired to ground the relays. 

View attachment 38062
did you crank down on it?

you can also solder ends back on it,  

did you crank down on it?

you can also solder ends back on it,  
I didn’t at all and is very strange that it broke like that. Going to replace it with a different  brand and see how that works. 

Back