Best Place to buy sand tires

Miguel

Reaction score
Need to buy a pair of STU 36-17 #1 where is the best place to buy these Days? Used to be a tire thread. anyone know his number?

TIA.

Need to buy a pair of STU 36-17 #1 where is the best place to buy these Days? Used to be a tire thread. anyone know his number?

TIA.
Where are you located? I have always had good luck with Kartek in Corona, Ca

Best place to buy them is somewhere that they are in stock.  It was tough to find them earlier in the season.  I ended up getting some 36's at Foddrils in Glendale.  They were a little more than Kartek, but when you take not having to pay shipping into account they were less.

I'm going to speak on behalf of @RacecaR here. We've been taking and I've been waiting but some things have changed.  He's been my go-to for tires the last 4 seasons. I was willing to wait but the industry is a bit pressed and some things are harder to get at the moment. 

Sand tire manufacturers are behind on orders and are only shipping uncut tires to meet the demand. This leaves retailers with finding someone to cut the paddles off prior to the sale. 

If your not aware of this. Tires are cast with two sets of paddles. If you want a #1 paddle tire, someone needs to trim off the #2 paddles from that carcass. Vise versa if you want #2 paddles. The #1 paddles need to get cut off. 

Some tires are cast with one set as well, just not what I've needed. 

Anywho, he's not able to cut or trim paddles at this time so it limits his ability to sell those types.

I would still reach out to him and check before you make the purchase elsewhere.

We've discussed options on trimming and he's looking into those. 

I ordered my new set from Kartek as they had them ready to go. It was more money than last year but supply and demand are big factors right now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to speak on behalf of @RacecaR here. We've been taking and I've been waiting but some things have changed.  He's been my go-to for tires the last 4 seasons. I was willing to wait but the industry is a bit pressed and some things are harder to get at the moment. 

Sand tire manufacturers are behind on orders and are only shipping uncut tires to meet the demand. This leaves retailers with finding someone to cut the paddles off prior to the sale. 

If your not aware of this. Tires are cast with two sets of paddles. If you want a #1 paddle tire, someone needs to trim off the #2 paddles from that carcass. Vise versa if you want #2 paddles. The #1 paddles need to get cut off. 

Some tires are cast with one set as well, just not what I've needed. 

Anywho, he's not able to cut or trim paddles at this time so it limits his ability to sell those types.

I would still reach out to him and check before you make the purchase elsewhere.

We've discussed options on trimming and he's looking into those. 

I ordered my new set from Kartek as they had them ready to go. It was more money than last year but supply and demand are big factors right now. 
Kartek usually stocks a bunch of STU tires  IIRC, they don’t cut them but they have someone local who does.    

Back