Best cell service in glamis

URCLEVER

Reaction score
I have Verizon at it sucked on vets, wife has AT&T.  Starlink I am not convinced of yet. Suggestions...

I have AT&T and it usually works well. Even from wash 22. 

Starlink.  Not sure what you need to know.  I use it every trip while I'm vending.  I need reliable phone and internet while I am out there working, and it has never let me down. :ez:

My Verizon worked for the last 15 years. I play Sirius radio in my earbud while duning. 

This vets i had nothing. Couldn't even check email or gd dot com. 

Anyone have a reason why? My cell phone is older. Other people with verizon said they had reception. 

Makes me wonder if the receiver in the cell phone is a bigger factor these days when the cell tower is slammed with thousands of people. 

I had verizon for 24 years and at glamis it was always spotty recenly like last 6=7 years it was pretty good on off weekends big weekends for get about it text work the best.Wife has att it worked pretty good i know headed to duners diner say about 10 miles south of roadrunner my verizon worked great though.​

Starlink.  Not sure what you need to know.  I use it every trip while I'm vending.  I need reliable phone and internet while I am out there working, and it has never let me down. :ez:
First rule of fight club... lol.

Zero issues over vets.

on busy weekend making a phone call (you know actually talk to someone..) is the only thing that works. if your looking to stream bullshit and surf the internet, well then you need starlink for that noise. 

I dont think its the service. Its about how many people are there at any given time. Vets was real bad.

I see STARLINK raised the price of the hardware for RV’s if you want in motion coverage. It’s now $2500. I’m told if you buy the stationary version it triggers off above 10 mph now with a recent update they just did. I’m planning to add STARLINK to both my RV and boat. Now I have to decide if I want to spend the extra $$ for in motion. I’m leaning toward stationary for the RV as we usually have a cell signal while driving. I will likely go with in motion for the boat given the length of time we are traveling and lack of cell signal in our area. 

I dont think its the service. Its about how many people are there at any given time. Vets was real bad.
halloween weekend i struggled to load anything on my phone even the weather app. a bunch of times my phone went to no service.  just this past weekend no issues at all. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the time I have some business calls to make and spotty service doesnt allow me to stay in contact with my team. Not trying to surf the net. GlamisHub works well otherwise.

Verizon on cement flats is janky at best ( not a bad thing for me when I am trying to dune and decompress LOL ) 

Wifes AT&T is solid on cemnet flats 

Verizon seems good on the pads when Chad is there testing but thats usually mid week 

I was told....

AT&T owns the only tower.... So those customers have priority. Verizon pays to be in 2nd in line and so on for the rest of the providers. The more people (holiday weekends) slower internet and cell service gets. 

I have Verizon and for Vets it was the worse it has ever been. 

Email didn't load again after Thursday morning

Last time Facebook or Youtube uploaded anything was Friday

Got a good morning Text from the GF right around 6pm that night and my response to her was received at some time while I was on the road between Glamis and Blythe.

before the crash there was a long topic about this as i remember on the wash side there are 3 possible towers one of them was out by olgiby and 78 and the other was olgiby and the 8 and of course the beach store.   the towers for gecko were by duners diner, brawley and the beach store. all three tower in the wash are unobstructed line of site. the ones for gecko are further away and the beach store is obstructed by the dunes. there was a cool website that showed the towers providers and covered area. either way on a busy weekend it is hit or miss att is a little better off weekend whatever you have will work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back