Best Bolt Primer I have seen in long time for High Performance Cars ...

Fullthrottleguy

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Some of you may think I am a Tim McAmis fan boi.. and I guess its true. The guy tells it like it is

In this video he describes all types of bolts to use on RacE CarS ( read that SAND CARS) and why you should use them - its a bit long but worth the watch

I try to use NAS and MS bolts when I can especially in spindles and arms, but many times I end up buying Longer 12pt DB bolts and cutting them. these are way better and easier (and expensive)

But cheap-ing out at 100MPH is dangerous. 

I buy my NAS and MS bolts at anplumbing.com, I think next time I will quote it out at Tim's 

Please consider safety ...

Last edited by a moderator:
tims videos are great. love how he puts it out there on various topics.

bolts are something that i have been making a list of to change on my car. i used the grade 8 cut down (made sure to at least have shoulders in the tabs) but my current rebuild will all have new nas or ms bolts for everything critical. they are actually availabe from a lot of different sources.

Agreed, I am not into drag racing but love his videos. If you can afford it there is no doubt AN, NAS and MS are the way to go. The main issue is proper sizing like Kevin stated. Obviously the critical areas are suspension and steering. I normally source grade 8 or better from a local hardware store that has some 🇺🇸  bolts in stock. Most of the time it requires the use of thick washers to properly shank the bolts. 

I also inspect bolts (especially front end) several times a day.

20 hours ago, Fullthrottleguy said:

ome of you may think I am a Tim McAmis fan boi.. and I guess its true. The guy tells it like it is

In this video he describes all types of bolts to use on RacE CarS ( read that SAND CARS) and why you should use them - its a bit long but worth the watch

I try to use NAS and MS bolts when I can especially in spindles and arms, but many times I end up buying Longer 12pt DB bolts and cutting them. these are way better and easier (and expensive)

But cheap-ing out at 100MPH is dangerous. 

I buy my NAS and MS bolts at anplumbing.com, I think next time I will quote it out at Tim's 

Please consider safety ...

4 hours ago, 9rocky said:

Or.....

You could contact one of our dealers and get them from us. We race what we make. Here is a video we put together on how we make the 12 points used in most top desert race cars today...

Do any of your dealers just sell bolts?  I looked at that list and thought I am either going to pay for the time I take away from some buggy builder, or I will be told that they do not sell to the public.

Aircraft Spruce is also a great place for small Chromo plates as well (brackets etc.)
besides them is there anywhere you can do a shopping cart of Areo or Mil Spec bolts,  really like the 12 points, and because my Snap-on wrenches are 12 pt, and they cost about $600 per set,  it would be nice to purchase them without making a quote list,  

besides them is there anywhere you can do a shopping cart of Areo or Mil Spec bolts,  really like the 12 points, and because my Snap-on wrenches are 12 pt, and they cost about $600 per set,  it would be nice to purchase them without making a quote list,  
I have not found anywhere other than Mcamis and his assortment is limited AN Plumbing probably has 3,000 sQ ft of  NAS and AN Bolts , but you have to call or email in a list by NAS # or do what I do and go there with a set of calipers ....and an hour to kill

I have not found anywhere other than Mcamis and his assortment is limited AN Plumbing probably has 3,000 sQ ft of  NAS and AN Bolts , but you have to call or email in a list by NAS # or do what I do and go there with a set of calipers ....and an hour to kill
think i want to change out my shock bolts and suspension bolts to NAS 12 points, I have ARP's but they have a long thread shank

think i want to change out my shock bolts and suspension bolts to NAS 12 points, I have ARP's but they have a long thread shank
Your shock bolts are probably either a 1/2" or 5/8" diameter with a 2 inch grip. The common 12 point is a MS21250. We have all those lengths on the shelf.

introduction, typically as in training or learning. 

Back