Best 6V batteries for Trailer

ChasingSand

Reaction score
My Costco 6V golf cart batteries took a turn and I am now looking to buy two more. Besides Trojan are there any other brands to look for? I got less than two years from my Costco batteries and go figure their warranty is only 1 year.

4 Trojan's.   I got 6 years out of my last set. Hard to beat

Lifepo4.  You just missed cyber monday deals.  They were crazy cheap.

Buying from Costco is not the same as a Battery specific store.  Costco is easy and have a nice return policy, but I get 6 years out of batteries when I buy from a Battery store only store, they are everywhere if you take a look.  I have had good look with US Battery ( I think that is the same)

lifeline or full river if going AGM or flooded

LifePO4 is the way to go if you're ready to make the jump, but need to make sure you're able to properly charge them via your inverter or solar 

I did the Duracell from Batteries Plus, so far 3 years,  i add water to them about twice a year, that really helps keep them full.  

lifeline or full river if going AGM or flooded

LifePO4 is the way to go if you're ready to make the jump, but need to make sure you're able to properly charge them via your inverter or solar 
It's $50 for a 30 amp lifepo4 14.6v charger these days.  The jumping days are gone. :)

I went back to a 12V setup in my new 5th wheel. Never had any luck with the 6volts (Costco & Sam's Club) 

Went with (4) Interstate Marine/RV Deep Cycle Group 27M-EFB 12-Volts Sealed Batteries. They are a hybrid type battery and act like an AGM.

Only cost me $200 to upgrade these to my trailer purchase. 2-Year warranty and so far, seem to be doing well. I do have 400W of solar so I think that is a huge factor in battery life and residential refrigerator so.....we will see. 

When I first picked up my trailer I left everything on including the refrigerator and after 3-days came back to batteries 100% and refrigerator working as normal.  

The Costco 6V used to be my go-to but the quality of those batteries has gone to crap. I recently had to replace the batteries in my 36V golf cart and after some research, I ended up with 6 of the Super Start GC2 - EV125 FLA 6V from O'Reillys. They're made by East Penn and are built for use in man lifts and such so they have thicker plates and a tad more oomph but are the same dimensions as any GC2 battery. My shop has an account with O'Reillys so it helped offset the cost. So far they've been working great but obviously time will tell. I've thought about switching to 6V in my pusher for the house when the time comes but the trio of group 31 Duracell AGMs in it have worked great with no leakage so I'll probably just replace with the same.

One of the easiest ways to check the build quality of a standard 6V battery is by weight. The Costco (Interstate) 6V is one of the lightest ones out there, for a FLA battery anyway.

The Costco 6V used to be my go-to but the quality of those batteries has gone to crap. I recently had to replace the batteries in my 36V golf cart and after some research, I ended up with 6 of the Super Start GC2 - EV125 FLA 6V from O'Reillys. They're made by East Penn and are built for use in man lifts and such so they have thicker plates and a tad more oomph but are the same dimensions as any GC2 battery. My shop has an account with O'Reillys so it helped offset the cost. So far they've been working great but obviously time will tell. I've thought about switching to 6V in my pusher for the house when the time comes but the trio of group 31 Duracell AGMs in it have worked great with no leakage so I'll probably just replace with the same.

One of the easiest ways to check the build quality of a standard 6V battery is by weight. The Costco (Interstate) 6V is one of the lightest ones out there, for a FLA battery anyway.
these are what i have in my 09 weekend warrior. its what was in the trailer when i bought it. didnt have any issues last season. but during the off season i left the trailer plugged in and not realizing they were 6v they dried out and fried them. got the same ones, they are heavy, getting the back one out of the battery box was not fun. and they were not that expensive something like $350 for 2 of them. i dont use much power in the trailer, dont have a TV. all i basically do is use some lights. at night, and the water pump. now i disconnect the positive terminal when im not using it. its stored inside so the solar charging is pointless when in storage. 

The jump to lithium is unreal it’s truly a game changer and stress reliever why dry camping, batteries are getting cheaper by the day. Buy once cry once.

My Tiffin MH new, came with 4 Duracells. I immediately added 2 more as soon as I got it home. 6 years old now and still going strong. I haven't had any luck with Interstate in cars or RVs, in fact my local battery store that's been selling ONLY batteries since the '80's, stopped carrying them do to problems. In my past MHs, I used only Trojans because I got 7 years out of them consistently. They've just become really expensive. I JUST replace the two chassis batteries. They were 7 years old (the chassis is a year older). I saved $70 by buying them from the Freightliner dealer. Who'da thunk that you could get a better deal by buying OE U.S. made batteries from the dealer?!?! 

So I was in a rush for my last trip and I bought two 6v’s from batteries plus. They suck!!! I thought it was the draw from my fridge (Converted to dual compressor cooling unit) but thinking of making the lithium jump. Problem is I am space constricted. Thinking of doing one 450 aH battery. Anyone have experience with lithium’s rated at that level?

Any brand of lithium’s on Amazon anyone likes in particular?

I went back to a 12V setup in my new 5th wheel. Never had any luck with the 6volts (Costco & Sam's Club) 

Went with (4) Interstate Marine/RV Deep Cycle Group 27M-EFB 12-Volts Sealed Batteries. They are a hybrid type battery and act like an AGM.

Only cost me $200 to upgrade these to my trailer purchase. 2-Year warranty and so far, seem to be doing well. I do have 400W of solar so I think that is a huge factor in battery life and residential refrigerator so.....we will see. 

When I first picked up my trailer I left everything on including the refrigerator and after 3-days came back to batteries 100% and refrigerator working as normal.  
I did 6v in the moho twice and went back to 12v. Too much maintenance on the 6v for a moho in storage.

Back