Bench seat repair???

Time2Dune

Reaction score
I have an older Beard Beach seat that has seen better days.  Has anyone had any luck with getting them repaired at a upholstery shop? 

I stopped by PRP today and they wanted $1000 for a no frills 48" bench seat, WOW I paid just under $500 for one 4 years ago, prices are going crazy.

Im going to call Beard next week and see what they say.

Buggy seat 2.jpg

Buggy seat 1.jpg

Same issue with my prp bench that’s identical to that. I tried a local upholstery shop and they wanted $800 just to “recover” the two front seats only. Can imagine that bench would be similar. Decided to eff it and upgrade to new seats since recovering is darn near same amount. Not the most expensive or fancy but will work for a couple seasons.  

aces-racing in corona. Rear bench is $5-600 and comes in at 46”-47” wide. FYI. Not Simpson. Not prp Not beard but still pretty clean. And no I don’t have a sxs lol. Good luck. 👍🏼 

I had a bench that was used, thought I’d just get it recovered to match my fronts. 
pulled it apart, and it needed some attention. Shortened it, straightened it and tabbed it to fit. Took it Fontana Upholstery and they covered it to match, along with some extra seat webbing. Happy with it, just don’t tell them you’re not in a hurry. I waited longer then expected, but the cars not finished yet so no biggie. Paid $500.

F67A4784-5D76-4A0D-88AC-D2A097506F01.jpeg

I had a bench that was used, thought I’d just get it recovered to match my fronts. 
pulled it apart, and it needed some attention. Shortened it, straightened it and tabbed it to fit. Took it Fontana Upholstery and they covered it to match, along with some extra seat webbing. Happy with it, just don’t tell them you’re not in a hurry. I waited longer then expected, but the cars not finished yet so no biggie. Paid $500.

View attachment 11540
That looks really good.

Same issue with my prp bench that’s identical to that. I tried a local upholstery shop and they wanted $800 just to “recover” the two front seats only. Can imagine that bench would be similar. Decided to eff it and upgrade to new seats since recovering is darn near same amount. Not the most expensive or fancy but will work for a couple seasons.  

aces-racing in corona. Rear bench is $5-600 and comes in at 46”-47” wide. FYI. Not Simpson. Not prp Not beard but still pretty clean. And no I don’t have a sxs lol. Good luck. 👍🏼 
I did ask if PRP would recover the seat, new foam, cover, and installed would be roughly half, but couldn't do mine since its a Beard

View attachment 11540
looks good

Back