Beer Butt Chicken

Esco

Reaction score
These were a fad once, I still like them as the bird stays moist, any new options?

image.png

Kinda why I posted, everyone I know does pellet smokers now, not to many do grilling
I have to admit - we use 1 of our 2 Traeger's very often.  I do still however insist that a Tri-Tip must be done on a charcoal BBQ.  It's just not the same on a smoker!!

My wife uses the smokers for EVERYTHING. She does cookies, pies, cobblers, casserole's,  etc.  It's pretty bad (LOL), but good!

Spatchcock. 

cut the back out, lay it flat. 
Spathcocked turkey is the best - breaking that bone though literally took wrapping it, putting it on the floor and stepping on it (ok, more like stomping)!

I have to admit - we use 1 of our 2 Traeger's very often.  I do still however insist that a Tri-Tip must be done on a charcoal BBQ.  It's just not the same on a smoker!!

My wife uses the smokers for EVERYTHING. She does cookies, pies, cobblers, casserole's,  etc.  It's pretty bad (LOL), but good!
My kids came for dinner once and I had done a vegetable lasagna on the Traeger...they were not impressed...lol

Tritips belong over coals! 

Back