Battery Tenders multiple bank

cek

Reaction score
Looking for a battery tender for 5 or 6 vehicles. Anyone have any experience or favorites 

i have a 3 bank noco i think it is, maybe 4 and it didn't last worth a damn, went out right after warranty was up.

Had my Optimate 3 desulfating charger for 5 years and it's been trouble free. Only does two batts at a time. 

i have a 3 bank noco i think it is, maybe 4 and it didn't last worth a damn, went out right after warranty was up.
Good to know. I was actually looking at them. I’ll mark them off the list. 

Had my Optimate 3 desulfating charger for 5 years and it's been trouble free. Only does two batts at a time. 
Just looked on their website. They have a 4 station and really good reviews. Battery Tender has one also. 

Used them at the race shop for a bit. The chord length got kind of annoying and we ended up just buying individual chargers. For quads/bikes, perfect. For multiple car sized vehicles, less so. 

Used them at the race shop for a bit. The chord length got kind of annoying and we ended up just buying individual chargers. For quads/bikes, perfect. For multiple car sized vehicles, less so. 
Good point. Didn’t think about that part. I can see how that would be a pain. I may need to rethink. 

I once charged both my jetskis on a battery tender with jumper cables in parallel. Worked great LOL now, thinking about engineering connectors at 5 atvs to the single tender. What can possibly go wrong 😆 

I've had good luck with the battery tender brand.  

Good point. Didn’t think about that part. I can see how that would be a pain. I may need to rethink. 
When I raced we had extension cords all over the floor going to the two Class 1 cars, Class 5U car and two prerunners. Annoying trying to walk around the shop. Eventually put outlets on the ceiling and hung the chargers. Mucho bettero.

The Noco's are the only chargers that have worked on my motorhome batteries..killed most of the others pretty quick. 

I use a ctek charger/maintainer for my truck that sits most of the time. The charge algorithm is a bit different than the other tenders. Storing for long periods at a time at 100% is bad for the battery. The ctek will dial the charge to 80% or so for storage. I hate the noco chargers. We use them at work.  

I use Battery Tender brand on all my stuff. I prefer the small, individual units compared to a multi-bank. Easier to plug them in closer to where I need them vs. stringing wires all over from a single multi-bank. You can buy the individual Battery Tenders in bundled packages and I think you save a few bucks that way. 

I mount these in all my vehicles. Just plug them in when not in use. They are reasonable in price. DON~~~

image.jpeg

^^^100%^^^

Not to mention the bank chargers cost more, and if it goes bad you lose everything. We had a multi Battery Tender at the shop, and when it failed we just used several BT Plus units, and they were pretty much in continuous service, between activating batteries, and tending service units.

Back