Baja Designs S8 vs Onyx6?

wesinls

Reaction score
Looking at the two, the Onyx6 offers more lumes...but i like the coolness factor of the backlight on the s8. Anyone ever compare the two with a buddy?  There's a 10k difference in lumens when comparing the 30 inch driving combo bar.

I love my S8.....very bright and does the job. Never compared but unless you lead at night on highspeed runs in the dunes not sure the extra lumens and $$$$ will make much of a difference. 

Either way, Baja Designs is the way to go.

I have a single 10” Onyx6 on my quad. It is enough light to ride  50mph on a no moon night on gravel roads, forwards and to the sides. I’d buy another if I needed another single light bar.

In the dunes I wished I had a little more light off to the sides out ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
The S8 is not great if you do night rides.  If you need a light to get you back to camp because you ran late, then it will work.   The Onyx6 is a lot more light.

I had a S8 and a Onyx6 on my Polaris.   The S8 was almost non-existent when the Onyx6 was on.  

No comparison.  Onyx6.  Watts per LED is what you're after, not total watts.  a 10w LED will reach a lot farther than 2 5w chips.

Like others have stated, OnyX6 is the way to go.  I have a 40" S8 on my RZR and a 40" OnyX6 on the Funco... OnyX6 puts out way more light. If I used the RZR more at night I would change it over to an OnyX6. 

I had (3) XL80's and a 40" OnyX6 bar on my last car. I loved the XL80's. The light bar was good at throwing light a distance but it was more concentrated (spot) than I liked. I very rarely turned on the ONYx6. 

Still the best lights ever are Hella 4000 HID!!!

Back