Backup camera not working well

megadesertdiesel

Reaction score
I have a two year old Genesis Supreme Vortex toyhauler and it came with a back up camera.  The camera only works outside of city’s and populated areas.  I’m guessing due to interference.  I also have an issue with headlights changing it from night vision to day vision while going down the road.  Anyone find a fix or better camera?

This is the camera that came on the rv. 

IMG_4929.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would check with the company for a repeater.  Boosting the signal may solve your issue due to the distance.

I’ve always had good luck with a Garmin truck/Rv gps mates with one of their wireless BC cameras. Good quality picture and better built than the Chinese variants 

I’ve always had good luck with a Garmin truck/Rv gps mates with one of their wireless BC cameras. Good quality picture and better built than the Chinese variants 
You can get the Garmin Drivesmart series as well with the BC40 camera .....I found them on offer up.

Check your antenna on the tv unit. Mine got really bad and I discovered that the antenna base had cracked from the sun and was no longer making good contact. Super glue and duct tape got it back to the original crap quality. 

Back