Awesome video explaining carburetors

D-n-Tyke

Reaction score
If you haven't ever seen this guy's videos (smartereveryday) before you have to go check him out. Found him a couple years ago and think this might be one of his best videos. I thought I had a pretty good understanding of how carbs work but seeing it visually like he displays it he really hammered it home. Check it out, along with some of his other videos. 

that dude does some pretty fun things. 

Now imagine something like a Weber or Holly with emulsion tubes & multi Jet configurations.  super cool. 

It's funny, carbs are just one of those things I tend to assume "car people" understand... but less and less do, and certainly few "regular" people do.  Cool vid. 

-TJ

That guy has some awesome videos, you should check out the “stuff made here” channel too if you haven’t seen it.  They’ve done a few collaborations like this one. 

It's funny, carbs are just one of those things I tend to assume "car people" understand... but less and less do, and certainly few "regular" people do.  Cool vid. 

-TJ
And even fewer car guys that say they know how they work, actually do........ 

And even fewer car guys that say they know how they work, actually do........ 
Yeah, I "get it" and am familiar with 4150-type stuff and Q-Jets, but certainly am no expert. 

-TJ

I just watched that carburetor video and forwarded it off to my engine tuner  

Love his videos, I got started on him years ago with this video:

Yeah, I "get it" and am familiar with 4150-type stuff and Q-Jets, but certainly am no expert. 

-TJ
now mix in a nitrous system (or 5) & see what that does to booster signals.  LOL.  Or try to blow through a 4150 & make 1200 HP.   

now mix in a nitrous system (or 5) & see what that does to booster signals.  LOL.  Or try to blow through a 4150 & make 1200 HP.   
I never did anything more than a basic plate setup on a carb vehicle... and I'm sure it wasn't perfectly dialed in. 😉

-TJ

Back