Auto Window Tinting

happyharold4

Reaction score
My daughter is in the San Diego area and wants to tint the 2 front door windows in her Grand Cherokee.  Any feed back is welcome as to who to stay away from, who is good, who is good and reasonable etc.  Thanks

HappyHarold

I've had a number of cars tinted by different shops/people over the years down here. Can confirm to stay away from SD Window Tint in El Cajon and Total Tint in Santee. Both turned out to use junk tint that faded and bubbled in only a couple of years and would not stand behind their work.

I can highly recommend The Tint Lab in Miramar. I had them do all but the windshield on our new Grand Cherokee. Outstanding work with high quality tint. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive that I was quoted either. The owner is a good dude who is busy as hell so be prepared to get on their schedule which is usually a couple weeks out.

Hot Spot window tint in Chula Vista. Many cars done there. Stands behind his product. I don't 

know if he was being nice, but he said he would remove the tint if I got a ticket.

Don started a mobile tint company.  He and his son  (Blake) used to come out on the larger jobs.  Blake had gone out on his own.  When I needed another car done, I called Don first & did not have to call Blake, because Don had time to work me in. 

They have done 4 cars for me & probably close to a dozen for folks here @ my office.  Not a single bubble or streak.  They do need an extension cord, so while they are mobile they are not self sufficient.  used to not be a problem, in this new building it might be (especially with the 'Rona BS going on).

One thing I did not like was that they dont/didnt have a "light" tint.  So I ended up with a darker tint on my driver & passenger windows than what I wanted.  but I did it anyway. 

Don Durant 619 804 0238

Blake Durant 760 672 2121

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised no one has mentioned Tyler, he does mobile tint and a slew of other things. It's been a minute since I've talked to him but he's a duner and I always support our fellow dune community 619-654-7441 

Surprised no one has mentioned Tyler, he does mobile tint and a slew of other things. It's been a minute since I've talked to him but he's a duner and I always support our fellow dune community 619-654-7441 
I'm not surprised...

Isn’t Total Tint Tyler? If so, his recommendation in post 3 wasn’t good.

Isn’t Total Tint Tyler? If so, his recommendation in post 3 wasn’t good.
Ohh that's right! My bad. Didn't remember the biz name. Probably explains why he never cared to quote me on my coach re polish/clear coat. Da TriBe has Spoken! As I bow out with tail tucked. 

Jose Osterhout is the best guy around, fair prices and takes a lot of pride in what he does He does all of Ca Fire, most all local heavy equipment companies, along with auto. Her has done all my vehicles, and all my friends. Even had him come up to Perris to do a couple machines for me. He can be a bit hard to get in touch with because he is slammed all the time. He also has a YEPL page Osterhout window tinting. 

760-224-6711

Total Tint (Tyler) has done two cars for me with great success. The oldest is going on three years now with no issues. And the price was right. 

He’s next to BNS Brewing on north Woodside in Santee near the drive in. He’s on here and more active on instagram @totaltintspeedshop. I let him know I found him through GD.com. Maybe he used better tint because of that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back