Auto painter wanted

URCLEVER

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good autobody or paint person / shop for old car? My local painter retired and most of the shops up here wont touch my impala wagon. let me know if you know spot. 

Does anyone have a good autobody or paint person / shop for old car? My local painter retired and most of the shops up here wont touch my impala wagon. let me know if you know spot. 
Where?

I work in the classic car/truck sector and I stop recommending shops years ago.  My advice is to attend local car shows/events.  Take a close look at the quality/finish you want then ask the owners who worked on it and about their experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
in Cali! I am willing to drive. San Jose would be great but I know most people in the area.

I don’t know what caliber of paint job you are looking for but Micks paint in Pomona does some of the nicest paint jobs I’ve ever seen. I fix paint booth equipment everyday and have been to just about every body shop / paint shop in SoCal and he and his crew absolutely kill it. 

I work in the classic car/truck sector and I stop recommending shops years ago.  My advice is to attend local car shows/events.  Take a close look at the quality/finish you want then ask the owners who worked on it and about their experience.
This is possibly the best advice I've heard in a long time. 

in Cali! I am willing to drive. San Jose would be great but I know most people in the area.
I know a guy in Phoenix that specializes in concourse and show quality cars if that's what you're looking for. He's the best in the biz!

Back