Asphalt millings

Big_Daddy_Jp

Reaction score
I posted this before quite a while back but I think the thread is lost. I’m looking to cover my back half of the property with asphalt millings and was wondering if anyone had a hook up? I know the best way is if there is paving in your area to ask if they can dump them at your house. I just never know when that would be happening! I live in east San Diego (Alpine ) if that helps. Thanks

Nice to see someone's getting the terminology right. I was debating someone on here a ways back that was calling them "grindings". That was a new one to me and I was struggling with making the word "grinding" into a noun. Can't help you with the "grindings" tho.

Reach out to any local asphalt company. I’m sure that they would rather sell it or give it to you than have pay to dump it. When I worked for a local city public works, we payed to dump every load that we had to get rid of.

We tried it on some roads and the front apron at our fire station..................didn't work too well. It needs to be "warm" and well compacted.

IMG20240915102508.jpg
Here's a small pile of what I have left after hauling a few loads to the house. I didn't get a chance to ask the operator to go slow for me so there's some big chunks mixed in. I didn't care too much for what I was doing but if it were for someone else I would try to get it a little cleaner for them.

Best is if they’re just removing the top layer for a repaving project, not the whole shebang. The more dirt, the worse it sticks together after rolling.

Back