ARB Fridge?

1HasBeen

Reaction score
Been thinking of getting an ARB fridge, and they must have a strict MAP policy, as every site on the webz is the same price. Anybody have a line on ARB stuff for less $$$?

Does it have to be an ARB? Lots of good 12V fridges on the market these days. 

Does it have to be an ARB? Lots of good 12V fridges on the market these days. 
Well, in the reading I've done it seems like ARB, Engel, and Dometic perform well and have pretty low current draw/high efficiency.  They are priced pretty similarly. All of the knockoffs seem to get more poor reviews. I am certainly not married to ARB, but have friends that have had them for years without issues.  I am 100% allergic to junk.

Watching! Need one that is less than 20'' high on the pull out sliding tray. 

Well, I thought I had something good to report. I had put one in the cart at autoanything.com to verify free shipping, and then abandoned the cart. I kept getting emails(I had bought stuff before) with the most recent containing a 10% off coupon code. Follow the link, and enter the code... Errrrrrr... "Does Not Apply". LOL

I bought 2 of the Rovsun 12v fridges, back then they were stainless sides and a black glass lid. Now they're plastic like all of the others, which leads me to believe they're all made by maybe 3 companies with 20 different stickers depending on who subcontracts them. These are a two level unit, 54 qts and if I set the temp at about 23*, the upper section is 23* and the lower section is just below 0, maybe -3 and it works great for frozen and fresh food. They draw about 43w ea when running and run about 10 - 15 min out of the hour, depending on outside temp. I tested both of them together on my 200Ah camping battery and they ran for about 5 -1/2 days with no other source, I stopped it at that point because the battery was getting very low and wasn't going to run much longer. IIRC, they were about $180 ea, on Amazon but that was pre-covid. I like their quality and low power consumption. I haven't tried any others. YT usually has pretty good comparison videos, some people have a dozen or more of these things.

I will check them out.

Another day, another discount code from autoanything. This time the 10% off actually worked--BUT-- it took away the free shipping. No dice.

I have the Dometic fridge and REI has a 20% off sale that works on this.

I just ended up going with a Dometic from a 4WD shop back east that I used to live near. Comparable price, no shipping, and no tax, so it all worked out in the end.

Late to the thread, but I have a few of these smaller fridges.  My Broverland trailer has an ARB - it's not bad.  I find the temp isn't consistent within the unit itself though.  It holds a very steady temp based on it's display, and wherever it measures that, but things at the top aren't nearly as cold as the bottom (yeah... I know cold sinks, heat rises... it could just use a fan or something to circulate).  The more you have in there, the worse the problem seems to be.  I have a Dometic in the Fourwheel Campers, and it's pretty much like a regular fridge (it's a front opening style) so it doesn't really count.  I also have this unit, but have only used it a handful of times: https://www.amazon.com/NewAir-Portable-Protection-Retractable-Construction/dp/B08PJ319M1 I do like the ability to have a freezer side, and a fridge side and that's how I've used it so far.  Temps seem consistent on either side, and the frozen stuff stays frozen without the fridge stuff freezing up.  IDK how longevity will be... the cheese padding on the handle is already pretty thrashed on mine from throwing it in pickup beds and wrapping tie downs and such around the handle. 

-TJ

Huh, didn't see this thread, but:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back