Anyone still using a travel agent?

Grease Monkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Curious if this is still a thing and if you've found it helpful.  Have a buddy moving to NC and still working out here. Wants to work with someone to help with the logistics, costs and best options.

if so, who do you use?

Thanks in advance.

Sterling travel.  Been using them for 20 or 25 years.  Iirc they are in GA.  

I also used aaa for a European trip for tickets.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Not normally but this gal set us up with an Alaskan cruise of 18 of us coming from 3 different states and is setting up a Ireland trip for next year:

Lisa Oldham
Admiral Travel, Inc.
Troy, Ohio  45373

Phone: (937) 552-9456 B
           (937) 264-0030 C
www.admiral-travel.com

Only if ya count my wife.. LOL.  She's got all our trips setup six ways to Sunday. 

RD
thats true in my house also, she has us booked up for months in advance.  I have to remind her I'm unavailable for November to March for dune season.  

Sometimes. I've traveled around the world a fair amount on surf trips, and when theres 7 or 8 of us traveling to Indonesian islands in the middle of nowhere, and you have to coordinate 3 planes with getting on a boat that will be your home for 2 weeks, its a no brainer. I also used one on a trip I took with my daughter to Iceland a few years ago. I had them line up our flights and Hotels, and then I did my own research as far as where we wanted to go. Rented a car and explored. 

Is he just flying back and forth from NC to CA?  Can't figure that one out on his own, or use something like Expidia?

Is he just flying back and forth from NC to CA?  Can't figure that one out on his own, or use something like Expidia?
He works 12 hour days. Spends a lot on travel and was hoping for an agent that can help him with cost savings. Best times to fly, best airlines etc. all about cost savings.  He's not about to spend the time researching and learning the do's and dont's on travel expenses. 

Figured an agent in that position would be in the know on all that. Just sold his house in Utah and tired of the flight cost swings.

He works 12 hour days. Spends a lot on travel and was hoping for an agent that can help him with cost savings. Best times to fly, best airlines etc. all about cost savings.  He's not about to spend the time researching and learning the do's and dont's on travel expenses. 

Figured an agent in that position would be in the know on all that. 
Most airlines fly the same routes at the same times on particular days.  So, if he finds flights he likes, he can typically book the same trip week after week.

I fly to the DFW area a lot.  I'm always on the same flight in and out.

Yeah, still using a travel agent and Thomas Bros maps. Because it's 1998.
I relied on thomas brother maps daily til about 2022 when i left my last employer.They were always accurate could find a good path to avoid traffic etc.Now when i work they dont supply map book and phone navigation is ok but sometimes you look at the route it gives and go what the fuk why is it taking me out here then back.

I sometimes pull up the addy then look on the streets vs route it gives.

I relied on thomas brother maps daily til about 2022 when i left my last employer.They were always accurate could find a good path to avoid traffic etc.Now when i work they dont supply map book and phone navigation is ok but sometimes you look at the route it gives and go what the fuk why is it taking me out here then back.

I sometimes pull up the addy then look on the streets vs route it gives.
it gives you a different route depending upon traffic 

Our Italy trip we used my Brother Travel Agent,  April made our trip, gave us multiple options, and different price levels,  my sister and other family did not use a travel agent and it was a chit show compared to where we stayed.  

April will plan my next trip to Glamis LOL  :lol:

Our Italy trip we used my Brother Travel Agent,  April made our trip, gave us multiple options, and different price levels,  my sister and other family did not use a travel agent and it was a chit show compared to where we stayed.  

April will plan my next trip to Glamis LOL  :lol:
We r gonna need aprils contact

He works 12 hour days. Spends a lot on travel and was hoping for an agent that can help him with cost savings. Best times to fly, best airlines etc. all about cost savings. He's not about to spend the time researching and learning the do's and dont's on travel expenses.

Figured an agent in that position would be in the know on all that. Just sold his house in Utah and tired of the flight cost swings.

If it is just air travel use an airline he can build up points and get free travel. Get a credit card with that same airline so you can build up points when he spends on other things.

Back