Anyone know where this part goes on my Polaris 2014 Razor?

ANGRYBUTTCRACK

Reaction score
So I made the mistake of using a regular mechanic it works in automobiles instead of the dealer.

some tweak or was the one who tore it apart and they put in the new motor did a whole bunch of work.

had two pieces in the trunk that they didn’t know what to do with one was a metal heat shield it goes right behind the muffler between the plastic so we figure that out.

anyone have idea where this part goes?

Thanks

ABC

1C81576F-EC12-4338-BA32-B90F40FB4240.jpeg

A57088DB-5DD1-46B8-A014-5D156EF4C1FB.jpeg

E4DC97D9-D60E-4F00-A5C0-082D1FBE47F0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn’t really matter because I’m taking it directly to the dealer to have them do a full inspection on all the work that was done make sure everything is right and I know they will be able to figure out where it goes

crazy part is that they just throw that piece away I would’ve never have known something was missing.

it is not a very thick piece of plastic so I know it can’t be too close to the engine. I figure it might go Somewhere in the front of the vehicle maybe under the little latch hood where the coolant and electrical lines are. It’s definitely not a piece that you would want near heat

how bout the gas tank filler hose?
Probably a good chance you are correctProbably a good chance you are correct.

I thought because of the SAE That it might have something to do with oil but I don’t know squat about anything

Yes maybe this piece goes under the seat where you fill the gas

So years ago before I had a garage to work on my Crap I would go over to a buddy's house before we rode or after to do maintenance on our wheelers.  He also had a wheeler for his wife that he had to do a major repair on. Had to split the cases. 

He took his time and had all the nuts and bolts placed into different containers to determine where they would go when he put it back together.  Well over the year of that bike being apart, while I was over there working on my bike when he wasn't looking I would pick one of the containers up and shake it. Then tell him just adding parts for you. 

Finally he is putting this bike back together and he calls me and say's in a serious voice, "How many bolts did you put in there?"  I have three bolts that are like 8" long I cannot figure out where they go.  I had a clymer manual and started looking around when I said. " Did you get the three behind the flywheel that hold the case together ?"   Well that was where they went, guess who lived 30 minutes away at the time and no longer used his shop and had the only flywheel puller between the two of us. 

So anyway. Maybe it was something they thought went to your car but doesn't ? 

That's funny, it looks like its to a Suzuki Grand Vitara, a little SUV, must of got through in your parts pile from a shop clean up. 

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn GD detectives hard at work.  The owner of the Suzuki probably doesn’t even know it’s missing. 

Hahahaha....awesome GD Detective Members killing it. :clap1:

Back