anyone in the Murrieta area do fiberglass repair (easy $100)

John@Outfront

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
hello  i have saved this broken piece for 8 years, (my daughter was spotting me by a big rock in an RV park and didnt do a great job  LOL)

amyways would like to get it glassed back on  its at the very bottom of the front valance  easy to get to as the front cap pulls out with generator.  was wondering if anyone was good with glass and wanted to make $100 for 30-60 min.  i just need it glassed in  i can do the clean up and paint later.  it needs to be a house call

it does not need to be perfect

or in the dunes from next wed to sat too

204E69A2-976E-46F9-875E-BB6A4021DB9A.jpeg

84657F41-29A5-4DF8-8621-7B5FB76BEB92.jpeg

0E051F15-96BB-4BB9-A389-2215BF95D1BB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Or go get Kitty Hair. Shredded fiberglass in a can that mixes up like body filler. Mud it up and plant it. Even can go back and spread as filler after part is glued in. Auto body supply stores will have or something like it.

Someone w/ experience in fiberglass repair work like yours probably wouldn't even get off the couch for $100.
you may be right.......Not looking for a pro, and i dont buy beer so it still may work  LOL

The kit from home depot or auto zone will work just fine for a small repair, but it's going to take some prep work to make it come out right, and to last. Kitty hair, or bondo glass would be OK to fill imperfections on the face, I would definitely use cloth or mat on the back side so that it has some strength. Not that it's load bearing, but for vibration and flexibility. I dont like using to much filler. If it were me, I'd also use cloth on the outside as well, and then filler for the imperfections. Either way, the paint needs to be removed from the chunk, and the surrounding area. Again, not really a hard job, just messy, and itchy.....

Oh and to top it off, there are paint stores, like Finish Masters, that will match your paint and put it in a spray can for you. Buy 1 can of color, 1 can of clear.

Makes the whole process doable in a driveway...

Someone w/ experience in fiberglass repair work like yours probably wouldn't even get off the couch for $100.
John what is your hourly rate? also add a trip fee in and I really don't see anyone that knows fiberglass to come over for $100.  Just saying.  time to do that one  yourself.  I can see maybe $300 but $100 I don't think you will have any luck.  

John what is your hourly rate? also add a trip fee in and I really don't see anyone that knows fiberglass to come over for $100.  Just saying.  time to do that one  yourself.  I can see maybe $300 but $100 I don't think you will have any luck.  
haha, you are right but i have a buddy from years ago when i had jet boats, he owes me and has agreed to come over and do it--for free

I guess cause i dont drink i cant ask anyone to come over and do it for a 6 pack?  

Now back to your post, i have done things for free many a time in my life, and actually enjoy helping out those that dont know something

i think i have it handled once it stops raining  Argh!

Hey John,  I'm $100 per hour plus materials and my shop is on the more inexpensive side.  I would do a repair like that (from what you showed in the pictures) from somewhere between $300 and $500 ,  to a primered, ready for paint finish. , But that would have to be at my location in San Marcos,  and we would have the coach overnight.  Just FYI

Hey John,  I'm $100 per hour plus materials and my shop is on the more inexpensive side.  I would do a repair like that (from what you showed in the pictures) from somewhere between $300 and $500 ,  to a primered, ready for paint finish. , But that would have to be at my location in San Marcos,  and we would have the coach overnight.  Just FYI
Thank you!

thats making me itchy just watching it.  LOL. 

Back