Anyone else Hot Rod their motorhome?

ElCaminoManT

Reaction score
Just finished an exhaust upgrade on Big Winnie. Going to Lone Pine for Thanksgiving so will see if it actually helps mileage and power as they claim. I figure even just removing that YUGE stock muffler will help save some weight. Since most of my camping is in campgrounds nowadays, I didn’t want to be that guy with a straight pipe. This is quite a lot more vocal in than stock but not straight pipe loud. Have thought about tuning it but not sure I want to risk making the Allison angry. Would be nice to reduce the turbo lag a bit (Cummins 8.9 common rail)

7C3471FA-0A33-498E-83E7-9131F1FB07F3.jpeg

60797F32-965C-4AC5-AF29-1273DFBB245F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good, hope it helps.

For us Gassers, beware, they are stealing Cats out of Moho's now, I have two friends that went to their storage yard and the cats were cut out.  One was in Santa Clarita and the other Palm Desert.  So far it has been hard to find replacements.......

You could build a wood burner stove for the patio / campsites out of that exhaust canister :lol:

Sounds good, hope it helps.

For us Gassers, beware, they are stealing Cats out of Moho's now, I have two friends that went to their storage yard and the cats were cut out.  One was in Santa Clarita and the other Palm Desert.  So far it has been hard to find replacements.......
Wow. Just wow.

You could build a wood burner stove for the patio / campsites out of that exhaust canister :lol:
:wackko:

I got the same motor and was thinking about straight piping mine. Let me know if you notice any benefits. 

Mine is 5" straight pipe from the turbo out to the tip. FTW.😆 yes its a bit load on acceleration, but plenty livable while driving. Although, I'm pretty sure that when I stay in an rv park, (rare) everyone hates me when I fire it p at 6 am to go home 🤨

Did the same on my 2005 with the C7.  Didn't notice any diff on mileage but its better out of the hole and runs cooler.  Has a nice tone to it now.  

Did the same on my 2005 with the C7.  Didn't notice any diff on mileage but its better out of the hole and runs cooler.  Has a nice tone to it now.  
I love going under overpasses now.....That Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hell I got airhorns too.....those are fun just to let everyone know you are leaving...... 

Put a nice stainless magnaflow on my V10, and switched the exhaust outlet to the driver side.that way it doesn't make noise all the way there and back, exhausting up against the canyon walls. Put a k&n intake and a big trans cooler with auto fan, upgraded the brakes to slotted rotors and better pads. Runs great but I need to start looking for something bigger and more power!!

I love going under overpasses now.....That Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hell I got airhorns too.....those are fun just to let everyone know you are leaving...... 
Seriously, its mandatory to blast the air horns whenever in a tunnel! We did a PNW trip over the summer and went through a couple tunnels, I was laughing like a little kid. Wife was just shaking her head at me. Best was the tunnel under the Presidio on the 1 right after leaving the 101 on the south end of the Golden Gate Bridge in poo town Francisco! :lol:

This thread is too funny. Who would have thought folks would be talking about their Moho's with discussion about "better hole shot" and "better off the line". 😛

I have a burner on my C15, 625HP and 40 pounds of boost, I don’t need a cute little muffler. 😁😁

You guys may want to try a tuner, a buddy of mine did from Banks on his diesel and he loves the power. 

I have a burner on my C15, 625HP and 40 pounds of boost, I don’t need a cute little muffler. 😁😁

You guys may want to try a tuner, a buddy of mine did from Banks on his diesel and he loves the power. 
400HP out of my little 8.9 at 32psi boost (or whatever it peaks at, display stops moving at 31.9 and the analog gauge lays over to 50, lol). The muffler is basically just a resonator to tone it down just enough. But I'm not going to deny that I did this for more sound 😉 No burner here thankfully. 

I'll see if Banks has anything for my setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to DPF/DEF delete and tune my ISX12, but then again I don't want to effe with the thing. 

-TJ

I’ve debating swapping out the monster mufflers on mine for some conservative magnaflows. Will probably build a intake with a ump canister as well. Mine stock has duals. I dont want to make it obnoxiously loud though. Anyone running a scanguage or similar on their workhorse chassis? What kind of tuner are people using? Mine’s got the 8.1 and im really pleased with its performance in stock form

I’ve debating swapping out the monster mufflers on mine for some conservative magnaflows. Will probably build a intake with a ump canister as well. Mine stock has duals. I dont want to make it obnoxiously loud though. Anyone running a scanguage or similar on their workhorse chassis? What kind of tuner are people using? Mine’s got the 8.1 and im really pleased with its performance in stock form
I have the 2004-05 WH 8.1 in mine. I can tell you the EDGE CTS3 did not do what I wanted. I wanted TRANS gear and temp, NOPE. Also the HP perfromance page would not load up. EDGE support was like nah you have a moho we don't support that, even though its just a standard GM setup.

Just finished an exhaust upgrade on Big Winnie. Going to Lone Pine for Thanksgiving so will see if it actually helps mileage and power as they claim. I figure even just removing that YUGE stock muffler will help save some weight. Since most of my camping is in campgrounds nowadays, I didn’t want to be that guy with a straight pipe. This is quite a lot more vocal in than stock but not straight pipe loud. Have thought about tuning it but not sure I want to risk making the Allison angry. Would be nice to reduce the turbo lag a bit (Cummins 8.9 common rail)

View attachment 18333
I put the aero turbine on my 06 Dodge way back when and still LOVE it! Sounds almost straight pipe but different, all the straight pipe guys wanna know why mine sounds different. HA HA

Back