Anyone dune or rock crawl a Polaris Ranger Crew 1000

Big_Daddy_Jp

Reaction score
So after the SSSS, my wife and I really liked the new Rangers. If we got one, it would need a long travel kit on it for extra width and lift for some taller tires. If we bought one, I would be selling the turbo xp so this machine would need to be able to dune. Now I know it won’t make any land speed records duning but does anyone have any personal knowledge? I’ve seen some YouTube videos and they don’t seem to be bad at rock crawling but again, does anyone have any knowledge on this either? Lastly, I’m wondering how tall they are. I’m not sure it would even fit in my trailer! Thanks

I was able to get mine to Devils Dune at St Anthony bone stock with pro armor paddles (not sure they helped) that was taking the low road every chance I had  not for the beginners they are top heavy. I was thinking of a gillaman tune 2” forward front arms and 32” system 3 360 tires and of course clutch kit 

I was able to get mine to Devils Dune at St Anthony bone stock with pro armor paddles (not sure they helped) that was taking the low road every chance I had  not for the beginners they are top heavy. I was thinking of a gillaman tune 2” forward front arms and 32” system 3 360 tires and of course clutch kit 
Well my plan was to run my tires from my rzr. Same ones that you want. So I started doing some looking around and found they are only 61hp? 

Check out the gilaman site not sure spelling is correct. There just restricted in the ecm 

I saw them up close at the SS and thought they were cool as hell for an adventure side-by-side...

IMG-20220917-WA0031.jpgIMG-20220917-WA0030.jpg

I'm sure you could have a lot of fun cruising the family around glamis, but not "running" the dunes....just exploring and picking pathways 

I saw them up close at the SS and thought they were cool as hell for an adventure side-by-side...

View attachment 46251View attachment 46252
Saw the same ones! They look super cool and fun to cruise. I don’t think it will carve the dunes by any means but I feel pretty confident I could dune one. Picking the right trails would be key. Just thinking if you could get one street legal, I could sell the Jeep also. Hell I don’t know, just seems cool!

Check out the gilaman site not sure spelling is correct. There just restricted in the ecm 
I checked out the site. Looks like a tune, exhaust, and clutch kit would put you in the realm of a stock xp1000. My wife says she would like to wait to see if they come out with a turbo model. Not sure they will but it would be cool if they did!

Buddy had one for a few years. Not a dune machine by any means, had to pick his line carefully and stay to higher ground. Not going to be running the bowls like you do in your RZR. His was a stock machine.

I forgot about the general, my son's friend has one and it goes everywhere we go in the dunes. Might be a better option if it will be a dune machine as well.

Have you look at the Polaris General? It’s a good mix between the Ranger & RZR. You can get a General in 2 & 4 seat. They have the ProStar N/A engine like what’s in the RZR. Stock they have 14 inches of travel and come with Walker shocks. Polaris offers a full sealed cab as a accessory, like the Ranger if that’s what you liked about the Ranger.

Several aftermarket suspension companies make a long travel kits for the General. The Jagged X race team has built up some real nice Generals they use to prerun & trail & rock crawl. 

Lots of pictures and videos of the Generals on their IG. 

https://instagram.com/jaggedxracing?igshid=MDE2OWE1N2Q=

Here are two General's they have built. 

View attachment 46310

View attachment 46311
I never thought about the general. It is the sealed cab that we are looking at but also the air conditioning. The A/c is a must or a bust!

Hit up Bob Moses Ceramic coating in AZ. He has one and can answer all your questions. 

General would be a better choice for what you want to do.  

I bought a 2022 General xp 4 deluxe ride command for our place in Ut. Full doors and a heater, I couldn't imagine trying to dune it unless you run with a group with the same style machines and carefully pick your lines. The ranger would be even worse. Like its been said you can get out and have fun, especially in the hard pack but I kept the can am for the sand. 

2023 BRP Defender Max Limited checks off ost of your boxes... $31k

The Defender Max Limited has a Rotax® 976 cc, V-twin, liquid-cooled engine that pumps out 82 hp at 69 lb-ft.

2000000003.jpg

Back