Anyone Ceramic Coat Your RV?

Dockmaster

Reaction score
I’m debating if I should get my new Moho ceramic coated. Anyone have real world, honest feedback? Lots of differences of opinion out there. Seems like the real people giving feedback without having bias motivation generally like it and it makes washing much easier, bugs come off easier, etc. What say you that have had it done? 

I had my 08 Country Coach color corrected and wow, all swirls and scratches gone. Figured I had spent enough and passed on ceramic coating. 
Then I had my boat color corrected and CC, wow! Shine, super easy to wash and dry with a blower. Dust does not seem to stick. 
So I had the coach done and love it. I can make a trip to G and comes back pretty clean, no need for a wash. 
Pricey, yes, worth it I say yes. 
Lot of flakes out there so be careful. 
The color correction made the biggest difference. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob Moses in PHX did both my 18 ram and my 19 GSXL, I will say both are in great shape, both almost 4 years old, Matt takes care of his customers, if something looks like the weather is getting to it, or the water isnt beading off like you expect it to then he recoats/reconditions whatever area or the entire unit if needed. I think he has like a 8 year warranty now, and I know from example if you don't either cover/garage your stuff the sun in Phoenix will destroy graphics in as little as 2 years if your not waxing 2 times a year and fade your fiberglass pretty fast. I paid around 4k+ for both to be done but with no paint correction since they were both new in 2018.

First quote I got is $3200. It is for the System X brand 2 step process.  No idea if that is good or not. He says he does the roof and glass as well. Has a lifetime warraanty which is only good if the company is still in business I suppose. 

First quote I got is $3200. It is for the System X brand 2 step process.  No idea if that is good or not. He says he does the roof and glass as well. Has a lifetime warraanty which is only good if the company is still in business I suppose. 
Lifetime warranty for what?  Like you never need to wax or seal the paint again for the life of the RV? If so, that sounds like a load of crap  :classic_biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Worth every penny, had mine done by Bob moses in PHX was worth drive. They just set a new one in so cal, but if you find a reputable person to do it make sure they apply it correctly.

I know people that have gone to Bob Moses and all 100% great job.

I used Extreme Detailing USA, Kyle, I'm in Rancho Cucamonga.

I've had the coach buffed a few times and no one ever could get the scratches out from past owner using brushes. Kyle got them out and coach looks unbelievable. Is he cheap, no, but has anyone ever had a great job for cheap, no. He is currently doing a buddies Prevost at my house.

As I said earlier, there are a lot of unqualified "Detailers" out there.

Some posted a lifetime warranty, that is never going to work out!

Lifetime of the business is how I read it.  

Without a garage and upkeep none of it will last. We see it all on in Newport on the boats. Talk about open checkbook.  Nothing will combat the sun and elements like a garage will.

Heard a couple bad experiences about Bob Moses. 

I use shine supply products on all my vehicles.  Recently buffed the entire toyhauler and sealed it with clutch spray.  Imo, no need for the high dollar Ceramic, just keep it washed, waxed and a ceramic "boost" spray like the clutch I mentioned. 

After I was done I put a cover on it.  Would love it to be indoors but it's not in the budget quite yet.

I use shine supply products on all my vehicles.  Recently buffed the entire toyhauler and sealed it with clutch spray.  Imo, no need for the high dollar Ceramic, just keep it washed, waxed and a ceramic "boost" spray like the clutch I mentioned. 

After I was done I put a cover on it.  Would love it to be indoors but it's not in the budget quite yet.
What does a bad ceramic experience look like?  Does it just not do it's thing to protect and shed or does it look like crap from when you leave the shop that applied it?

I looked up that clutch spray, it looks kind of interesting.  have you used it on black plastic (Bumpers, mirrors, etc)?

thanks

Bob

I looked up that clutch spray, it looks kind of interesting.  have you used it on black plastic (Bumpers, mirrors, etc)?

thanks

Bob
I have.  We have a 2021 VW atlas and I use it about every 3 washes.  A little goes a long way so I use it on everything, paint, glass, plastics.  For older vehicles they have other products you could use to restore the trim and then top it with clutch to "seal" it in

I just had my bus done.  Biggest reason is I can now have it just washed and then do a quick wipe down with any Sio2 product.  Wax does NOT last in the AZ heat.  

If you're going to go through the  time and money to have something polished, you might as well use something thats going to seal it.

2003 and looks great for its age.  It really makes the colors deep.  Also had them do the rims since they took the time to polish them.  Took about 2.5 bottles that I supplied.  Took 2 guys 2 days start to finish 7am - 9pm.  Its not an easy task.  

67224339156__A6B564BE-CB94-44E9-B879-ABDEF5E38638.jpg

I finally got my moho ceramic coated a few weeks ago. It came out looking good. Although it's fairly new so not a lot different than it was. Real purpose was to protect it and make it easy to keep it clean. The guy I had do it uses System X.  It was expensive ($3,800) but hopefully it pays off. 

All of my 'nice' vehicles are ceramic coated, it really makes a difference. I haven't been able to stomach having it done on the 40' moho yet. Although I wish I would have now as it's developed the usual rv clear coat peels on the caps over the last year. dang it :doh:

Back