Anybody have an engine hoist in the Corona/Norco/Eastvale area?

Orange_R

Reaction score
I went to lift the motor in to my Daytona yesterday only to realize the cherry picker ain't gonna gut it. Needs to be an overhead hoist.

TIA!

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't lift it, or not high enough?  I've had to remove wheels/tires to lower a car far enough to get the engine over.  That, or use the picker to pick the car up instead and lower it onto the engine on a cart.

I've been in this scenario with my boat actually and only ended up needing to put more oil in the hydraulic cylinder for more lift. Sometimes, people lay them back in a truck and leak some oil out through a breather port. 

Won't lift it, or not high enough?  I've had to remove wheels/tires to lower a car far enough to get the engine over.  That, or use the picker to pick the car up instead and lower it onto the engine on a cart.
high enough but need more extension.. 

I've been in this scenario with my boat actually and only ended up needing to put more oil in the hydraulic cylinder for more lift. Sometimes, people lay them back in a truck and leak some oil out through a breather port. 
it's got lift, the arm isn't long enough to reach the center

It's a sign from God, actually it's just the latest one saying WTF are you doing.

lrg-3203eh-load-chart.png

3203EH.png

Weight

690 lbs (322 kg)

Stowed Boom Length

9' 1½" (2.78 m)

Extended Boom Length

15′ (4.57 m)

Width

1′ 8.63″ (.52 m)

Height

2′ (.61 m)

Base Plate Dimensions

13.5″ x 16.75″ (0.34 m x 0.43 m)

Single Line Speed

30 ft/min (9.17 m/min)

Boom Down

23-35 seconds (full stroke of cylinder)

Boom Retract

13-18 seconds (full stroke of cylinder)

Motor

12 volt DC, series wound, 1.9 hp hoist motor

Cable

62 ft (18.9 m) of 7/32″ (6 mm) 5,600 lb (2540 kg) aircraft quality cable

Standards

ANSI B30.5, OSHA 1910.180

Warranty

2 year warranty

$13K and change. Have your truck make YOU money!

You're in Norco, there has to be a neighbor with a tractor. Chain around the bucket and you're set. You could rent one from Double D or Norco rentals if they are still around and have a running tractor. Gantry cranes start around 500. Renting a tractor would be cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a hell of a time finding a mobile boat motor lift....... finally got a hook up on a forklift....did you try G&S  marine... they have a hoist... 

I had a hell of a time finding a mobile boat motor lift....... finally got a hook up on a forklift....did you try G&S  marine... they have a hoist... 
GS does it, but Greg is out out at the moment because he had a stroke a couple weeks ago. They're not taking in anything new regardless of the job till he's back. 

Come on Joe!! Adapt and overcome. a chain fall and some creative engineering and you can do this. It's an engine, it's a boat. Stop thinking inside the box and get out of your OCD must be this and that and get that engine in the dam boat already.  

Come on Joe!! Adapt and overcome. a chain fall and some creative engineering and you can do this. It's an engine, it's a boat. Stop thinking inside the box and get out of your OCD must be this and that and get that engine in the dam boat already.  
have been thinking about that but don't think the 2x4 chit rafters in my garage will do the trick, I'd hate to have the entire roof come down on me :lol:   

Rent a tractor or forklift from DD rentals in norco, pull it in the target parking lot then return the tractor...

Find a parking awing with a nice thick metal beam that you can pull thru. Put engine in back of truck grab a chain fall. Pull under awning raise engine, pull forward drop in boat. install motor mounts and be home in twenty. If I had to do it around here I can think of several parking lots where nobody is on the weekends to pull it off.

Back