Any Wildcat XX owners around?

Dunerking

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2018 Wildcat XX that I picked up from a member on here,and was curious if there are any other Wildcat XX owners on here? 
Just wanted to see what everyone else has done to their Wildcat XX. Been locked down in the desert the last couple of years but since getting this car I’m  looking forward to getting some sand trips back in the rotation. Need to get a set of sand tires,and have been really considering the SS360 setup. What do you guys think? Thanks for any help and suggestions. 

I've ran

29" Beachcombers and now have 30" SS360's, neither of these feel right. They spin and slide not holding the dune line.

I want more forward bite, would like to try a set of "normal cut" paddles to really know.

IMG_8696.JPG

IMG_8698.JPG

IMG_8697.JPG

I’ve got a 2018 Wildcat XX that I picked up from a member on here,and was curious if there are any other Wildcat XX owners on here? 
Just wanted to see what everyone else has done to their Wildcat XX. Been locked down in the desert the last couple of years but since getting this car I’m  looking forward to getting some sand trips back in the rotation. Need to get a set of sand tires,and have been really considering the SS360 setup. What do you guys think? Thanks for any help and suggestions. 
The SS360 in a 30" works fine on the XX.  Also a 30" CST Sandblast set up works well for budget set ups.

If you don't mind spending money the 31" Sandcraft Destroyer Skat works really well.  

If you do the clutching you can run 32" tires on the XX with no issues. 

I've got the ALBA clutch setup but have no clue how to tune it. I've tried all kinds of setting and can't tell a damn bit of difference.

I can tell the differences in helix's I have three but the weights make no difference....

I've got the ALBA clutch setup but have no clue how to tune it. I've tried all kinds of setting and can't tell a damn bit of difference.

I can tell the differences in helix's I have three but the weights make no difference....

Give Alba a call and see if they can walk you through it.  Curtis Sparks is in your neck of the woods.  They might be able to help as well.

The SS360 in a 30" works fine on the XX.  Also a 30" CST Sandblast set up works well for budget set ups.

If you don't mind spending money the 31" Sandcraft Destroyer Skat works really well.  

If you do the clutching you can run 32" tires on the XX with no issues. 
Thanks  for the great break down! I’ve got the Speedwerx Extreminator kit which includes full exhaust,tune,air box and filter,and full clutch kit. I’d prefer the 32” tire to help smooth out the rough stuff and transitions. Maybe one day down the road a turbo with a mild tune as we still do a fair amount of desert. 

Do any of you Wildcat owners have a solid person that works on these cars? I enjoy doing my own work but right now between work and doing a bunch of remodeling on our new home I may have to source out the work on the Wildcat…I finding out there is only so many hours in a day. Thanks for any recommendations…BTW I’m in Agua Dulce north of LA. 

I take mine to the guys in Las Vegas ATV Cycle Sports no one local has a clue.

I've tried Lets Ride in Bakersfield, Visalia ATV and Tri-County in Simi park. None of the Yamaha shops have wanted to even consider working on it.

As Sand Shark mentioned running the ss360's on the front helps out a bunch. I run mine in 4wd when I want to hold the line and 2wd when I want to slide around. I think they're a great set up for low to mid powered SxS's. I have the Honda Talon not a Wildcat XX but were both under-powered for the dunes.

Finally got the Wildcat XX back together and enjoying! The list was long but ended up checking all of the boxes…servicing/regreasing the CV’s/axles,installing the SPEED WP,installing the Speedwerx PTO,775 motor/trans mounts,wiring and install of 5150 187 whips thanks @5150 Whips,and ultimately buying installing a new drive clutch! 
Test run was our Agua Dulce SxS Christmas parade run! Had a blast with friends and meeting new neighbors! Car seem to run great! Thanks to everyone that has helped! 

1E5F27BE-989C-4FCC-946D-97C963ECFCC1.jpeg

D511C9EE-6F53-4501-835B-AEB792E7A3EC.jpeg

C8172891-1362-459C-AE35-8B67EA24F393.jpeg

Do any of you Wildcat owners have a solid person that works on these cars? I enjoy doing my own work but right now between work and doing a bunch of remodeling on our new home I may have to source out the work on the Wildcat…I finding out there is only so many hours in a day. Thanks for any recommendations…BTW I’m in Agua Dulce north of LA. 
Talk to Scott at Fierce UTV. He's on Sierra Hwy across from the COC campus, 10-15 minutes from you. I don't know how may Wildcats there are locally for him to work on, but he knows UTV's and the dude is solid.

And as you know I run the 32" SS360's and love them.

Thanks Clay,I’m on the hunt for some 32” SS360’s. 
Car is back and running and hope to get together with you guys for a Mother G run! 
We need you and Jackie out next year for the Agua Dulce SxS Christmas parade! You would have a great time! 

I'm sure this is a member here....insane clean WC XX for Sale.  $37k

https://classifieds.race-dezert.com/FOR-SALE:Robby-Gordon-Speed-Super-Charged-191941
Belongs to milehighmikebob but not sure if he's here or not. I prepped it last season, fluids and filters. I was told it was the last, or one of the last, Wildcat's built by Robby. It has the Speed logo in a few places. It is super clean, very low hours. I think the original owner was Mike from Mike's Tint Shop in Anaheim. 

Back