Any Steel building connections here?

Dunerking

Reaction score
Been considering a 50’x65’ with 16’ tall walls insulated for our place. Prefer the 3x 14’ tall doors on the wall side using the track style doors(non roll up). Got a quote for $58k,that’s obviously just dropping the building off at our place,still need a 65’x80’ concreted slab,electrical,and other amenities. Thanks for any help

I had Southwest Building Solutions, in Arizona, build me a 50 x 80 steel building. From permit to completion complete for about $45 sq'

Great company to work with. Very happy

drone.jpg

Nice Dan!!! 50x80 is a lot of space! I’ll check them out and thanks for the info! Enjoy that building! 

Been considering a 50’x65’ with 16’ tall walls insulated for our place. Prefer the 3x 14’ tall doors on the wall side using the track style doors(non roll up). Got a quote for $58k,that’s obviously just dropping the building off at our place,still need a 65’x80’ concreted slab,electrical,and other amenities. Thanks for any help
9 years ago I went with a pole barn setup (60’X80’), it was just over 1/2 the cost of going metal. I’m looking at doing another one which I priced out a year ago and there was little difference in cost due to lumber going up. You may want to look into pole barn construction and if it makes sense hold off awhile for prices to come down.

My neighbor is trying to do one.....Man everything is messed up, materials, labor....he's been waiting for a LONG time for his stuff to show up. Be patient.

my buddie just got one going 50x50 complete scratching dirt to finish $135k in Fort Mojave, AZ

ordered/contracts in Feburary, they just started to scratch the dirt this week, building was delivered two weeks ago

Last edited by a moderator:
I just built a 16 x 24 x 10 from VERSATUBE - its a total DIY thing but damned if it wasn't engineered perfectly. 

You can build the whole thing on their website. Was about 23.90/sqft delivered 

Took 3 of us a 1 week to put it together.

PXL_20220313_212020871.jpg

PXL_20220208_225025663.jpg

PXL_20220216_220317183.MP.jpg

PXL_20220223_224109059.jpg

PXL_20220317_211728906.jpg

my buddie just got one going 50x50 complete scratching dirt to finish $135k in Fort Mojave, AZ

ordered/contracts in Feburary, they just started to scratch the dirt this week, building was delivered two weeks ago
Do you know who he used?  I've been looking at companies for this in Fort Mojave / Mojave Valley for last couple of months.  Arizona Steel is the contractor I'm talking with now.  

Do you know who he used?  I've been looking at companies for this in Fort Mojave / Mojave Valley for last couple of months.  Arizona Steel is the contractor I'm talking with now.  
He got two quotes.

Arizona Steel and Redmond

AZ Steel would only sell him the type they "keep in stock" 40x40 and only gave him a TXT message price. It was cheaper, but they never even cam to his house to look at what he wanted. I think it was $119k.

Redmond came to the house, listened to what he wanted and gave him a PAPER quote based on that visit. They talked about how permitting would/wouldn't allow certain things on site, so he knew upfront what to expect thru the entire process. The paper quote had all the contract details and a estimated schedule bldg, site work, permits, etc... $137k

My buddie is a commercial plumber so he knows how it's all supposed to work. He was very surprised that AZ steel just sent a text quote, since they are building so many in the area. He chose Redmond with the higher price but he's getting exactly what he wanted 50x50, doors, location on lot and now they are ahead of schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
He got two quotes.

Arizona Steel and Redmond

AZ Steel would only sell him the type they "keep in stock" 40x40 and only gave him a TXT message price. It was cheaper, but they never even cam to his house to look at what he wanted. I think it was $119k.

Redmond came to the house, listened to what he wanted and gave him a PAPER quote based on that visit. They talked about how permitting would/wouldn't allow certain things on site, so he knew upfront what to expect thru the entire process. The paper quote had all the contract details and a estimated schedule bldg, site work, permits, etc... $137k

My buddie is a commercial plumber so he knows how it's all supposed to work. He was very surprised that AZ steel just sent a text quote, since they are building so many in the area. He chose Redmond with the higher price but he's getting exactly what he wanted 50x50, doors, location on lot and now they are ahead of schedule.
Great information - thank you very much!

Back