Any Info on PSD Motorsports Cars?

Dockmaster

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of PSD Motorsports sand cars? I'm told they were built by Ed Zimmerman, whoever that is? If you have any info can you give me the good, the bad and the ugly please? Thank you!

I used to own one & one of the guys in our group still does own one.  I loved the car.  it was no-nonsense, super solid, very well thought out. 

We had a whole mess of cars in our group & I would put them up against any of them.  they didnt ride as nice as the Orange Sand Limo, but super nice. 

They are here in San Diego, Eddie is a great guy & spent quite a bit of time with me when I first got the car.  We rebuilt the Mid-Boards.  I thought he had a FB page & website for PSD motorsports, but I cant find it any more. When I was there 5 years ago, he was not building Sand Cars any more. he was still doing a bunch of aftermarket stuff for SxS's.  cages, doors, etc. 

The Blue car is mine (2015), the Red car next to mine is also a PSD (albeit a few years older than mine)

Little known fact, PSD stands for Propellers San Diego (https://propellersofsandiego.com/).

Vets Ceremony, 2, Nov 18 small.jpg

PSD, Front, Jan 19, BW, 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone heard of PSD Motorsports sand cars? I'm told they were built by Ed Zimmerman, whoever that is? If you have any info can you give me the good, the bad and the ugly please? Thank you!
When i talked to Ed last week, i asked him have you heard of Dockmaster on GD,  he said no, never heard of him.  send my your profile will try to get the skinny for him. 

Ed is a stand up guy and knows his chit, he built my Manx and it's been awesome. Suspension on the car works amazing and it's been super reliable. 

FYI.

Edit....... sorry I thought there were more cars in the "gallery".  there are @ least 2 more members on the forum with PSD's (and the Manx). 

& FWIW, my buddies car now has white panels on it.  Bitchen car.  lots of power & a big trans. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically Ed (PSD) built the chassis for this manx that i built (really jesse at JP designs built/assembled the car)

20180312_102415.jpg

20180312_102404.jpg

I’ve got a buddy that had one. It was a solid car that worked very well.

I had one that I put together from a roller, Was a solid car and handled pretty well. Never had any issues. Ed was always willing to answer phone calls and such. Wish ˆ still had the car. 

Back