Any Guitar Players here?

Very nice. it's gonna sound great.
In a skilled musicians hands I am sure it will, in @Mac hands it will probably sound like a Chihuahua getting violently violated by a Saint Bernard.

In a skilled musicians hands I am sure it will, in @Mac hands it will probably sound like a Chihuahua getting violently violated by a Saint Bernard.
That'll work, as long as the bass player keeps the groove...

I have effects for that.

What are your gonna use for an amp / effects ? ?
I bought a Positive Grid Spark.  It's what they call a designer amp.  You link it to an app on your phone or computer and you download sound waves to replicate different amps, effects, and such.  Pretty cool.

As I get going, if I don't like the Spark, I'll get a Marshall tube amp and collect pedals from there.  I've always been a fan of the Boss line.  Distortion, chorus, sustain, delay, etc...  The Big Muff Pi is pretty awesome too.

Just checked out a vid of the Grid Spark. That should definitely get you going pretty good.  I love all the new(ish) modelling stuff and they sound great.  Then I go home, turn up my Vibro Champs up, hit  em with a few classic pedals  and I’m in tone heaven.  

That being said, I think I see a HX Effects in my future because I want to get weird . . .

Just checked out a vid of the Grid Spark. That should definitely get you going pretty good.  I love all the new(ish) modelling stuff and they sound great.  Then I go home, turn up my Vibro Champs up, hit  em with a few classic pedals  and I’m in tone heaven.  

That being said, I think I see a HX Effects in my future because I want to get weird . . .
Also, it's Positive Grid's 10th anniversary and I saved a bunch on their amp.

I just ordered another guitar kits for an Ibanez Iceman.  I'm going full retard shredder with it.  My plan is to hardwire a MIDI pickup/system in it.

Super cool hobby, came out beautiful.

Never knew you even played the guitar...

Super cool hobby, came out beautiful.

Never knew you even played the guitar...
I used to.  Haven't in years but wanted to get back into it and thought why not build my own.  I have another one to build already.  I really enjoy the build.

Hey Mac, 

How about an update on the LP clone and also the 2nd build?

Inquiring minds...

Hey Mac, 

How about an update on the LP clone and also the 2nd build?

Inquiring minds...
I'm hibernating.  It's freaking cold out and I don't feel like doing anything.

I have a couple more I bought and have parts for.  I just need for it to warm up.

I'm hibernating.  It's freaking cold out and I don't feel like doing anything.

I have a couple more I bought and have parts for.  I just need for it to warm up.
okay, but have you at least been playing the thing and if so, how much did you suck when you started again ? ?

Back