Any Guitar Players here?

Mac

Reaction score
I used to play guitar, got out of it for a really long time.  I've now decided to get back into it but I'm starting with building my own guitar.  I bought a kit to build a Les Paul shape.  I'm pretty stoked.  The neck and body seem to be pretty goos quality.  I know the hardware and electronics will need to be upgraded at some point but I'm looking forward to learning about it all and want to start with the bare bones and go up from there.  I'll be finishing this one in the classic gold top and wood back.

Along with this, I'm looking for a "brand name" I could use to label my guitar and hopefully, other guitars I want to build.  I know I'm opening myself up to the gayness of all of you closet homos but what do you got?

Being "Mac", I was thinking a play on that.

- Mac
- Machiavelli
- Machinations

Then I've been playing around with words and doing Latin translations.

I've thought about Mjolnir...Thor's hammer.

So what ideas do you all got?

241839613_4667115709968011_4260699050894065169_n.jpg

All I got.

5bf399a304a88.image.jpg

Macestro

Macton

Macsumoku

Macro-Frets

Maculus

imMACulate

Then for fun....

MacDaddy

Macncheese

Macarena

MacisGhay

MacHater

MacSplat

Maccan'tplayforsh*t

Macdiddler

:bag:

:dbart:

:lmao:

Like always your going about it all wrong........

Mid 70's Ibenez built a bunch of Gibson copies( that were better then the original BTW)  Thats not what pissed Gibson Off, what pissed them off was the wrote Ibenez so it looked like Gibson.

So going in that theme just call it MAC, steal ESP's logo to do it

Macson and steal the Gibson logo

Or just pull out that old coat of arms you have and place that on the headstock.

So this just hit me.

AVIATOR Guitars

Instead of a name, stab in a set of Naval Aviator wings.   I'm kind of digging it.

20210914_092607.jpg

Well sh*t....there's already an Aviator Guitar company.

Fender Strat guy here.

Loving the Mac with the Stew-Mac kit dynamic. 

Go with the KISS method. Mac is a great name and with the right font, can look bitchin on that headstock.

And if it were me, I would install the hardware and pickups that I ultimately would end up with from the get go.

Reactions: Mac
Fender Strat guy here.

Loving the Mac with the Stew-Mac kit dynamic. 

Go with the KISS method. Mac is a great name and with the right font, can look bitchin on that headstock.

And if it were me, I would install the hardware and pickups that I ultimately would end up with from the get go.
Well, I started Googling...a lot of names I liked are already taken.  Nothing says I still can't do it and not like I'm going to be a "business".

On the electronics/hardware, I thought of that, but I want to learn the differences in sounds and such.  I was going to jump in right away with some different style pickups and wiring but how will I ever learn or know the difference.  I am thinking of some Seymour Duncan aggressive/metal pickup and some cool wiring mods.  I found Jimmy Page's wiring for one of his Les Pauls that I want to try.  I'm really looking for what can I do with sound.  Different pots, capacitors, coil taps, reversing pickups, etc...

Played one at all recently?  I tried picking it back up again, and the frustration level is high since your brain remembers doing this, but your hands don't agree.

Played one at all recently?  I tried picking it back up again, and the frustration level is high since your brain remembers doing this, but your hands don't agree.
Took me about two weeks of my ears seeing what I should be playing and my hands and eyes not understanding WTF was going on.  I just went back to some basics and stuck with it.  Came back better in some ways and lacking in others.  

Took me about two weeks of my ears seeing what I should be playing and my hands and eyes not understanding WTF was going on.  I just went back to some basics and stuck with it.  Came back better in some ways and lacking in others.  
Pretty much, except my high E broke and I put it back in the corner for the last 2 years... LOL

My Favorite/ 1957 les paul (this is a reissue)

black beauty

View attachment 14005
And a Custom Shop at that.  I love the looks of 3 pickups, but the way they were wired is stupid and it feels weird to me to play over the middle pickup.  I'm lucky that I have a guitar shop literally down the street from me with a guy who has been collecting for over 30 years as its owner.   Here's a pic of his 1968 LP Custom (1st year that Gibson reissued the OG Les Paul body style ). This thing rips . . .

image.png

Back