Any General Contractors, or GC recommendations in the Vegas area?

tjZ06

Reaction score
I bought a home in Vegas recently, after living in CA basically my whole life.  We scored a great price (especially given this market) on a great property that really fits our somewhat unique needs.  It has a big RV garage/shop, trailer parking, and a good blank-slate for a backyard along with a reasonably sized (2350 sqft) home.  Most everything else we found with the space we needed, and especially anything with an RV garage was generally some Yyyyuge 5k+ sqft palace, which I liked in theory, but in practice blows the budget and is sort of pointless for us (it's just my wife and I, and our two schmedium dogs, no kids).  The downside of this property is that we want to do a pretty extensive remodel before moving in. 

We had a contractor all lined up (who actually built the home itself originally, as well as the RV garage recently) but he unfortunately got Covid and is doing okay, but will be out of commission for a while (he's an older gentleman) and said he's not going to be able to continue our project.  

No work has actually started, so it's not like picking up another GC's mess, but we have most of the moving pieces figured out and in motion (cabinets, counter tops, bathroom vanities, flooring for the whole house, etc.).  In addition to the house, we're finishing out the RV garage, building a storage loft, AC'in it (as well as AC'in the house garage) and some other things.  We're also doing a full backyard, pool and outdoor kitchen but we pretty much have that covered unless the GC wanted to take on that aspect as well. 

Anyway, we've been meeting with a bunch of potential replacements, but many are booked for months, and we haven't found the "right one" just yet.  So what say you GD, any GCs you like/trust in Vegas? 

-TJ

One of the guys in my group is a big framing contractor in Las Vegas.  I will ask him who he would use on a personal project.

Edit to add.

He said he would use himself and sub out the rest.  He does not do that sort of work for other individuals.  He had no recommendations either,  Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
@tjZ06 Did you find a contractor?
We did, sorry I forgot to FLUP here, things have been crazy!  Appreciate all the help everyone, I'll post some "after" pictures along w/ the "before" down the road when we get there...

-TJ

Back