Any dodge magnum owners?

Sausage450r

Reaction score
My wife wants to part with her beloved excursion and get a dodge magnum. I know the v6’s were problematic and arent an option for us anyway. We are lookin for either an r/t or srt8 ya ya we dont care about mileage. 

Any known issues or input is appreciated.

Were all r/t’s/srt8’s all wheel drive?

is the 50/50 hp/tq increase worth it for the srt8? Seems they fetch an extra 10k$

i know 08 is a special year with diff console and front clip and only made 239 srt8’s

anyone selling?

unlimited budget depending on the right vehicle

Last edited by a moderator:
We bought an 08 R/T new off the lot. As you said, 08 was the last year and parts were hard to find. We really loved that car but it was plagued with electrical problems. At 110,000 miles the Hemi had a meltdown and destroyed a piston. We had the lifetime warranty on the drivetrain so they put a new motor in it. 20,000 miles later the trans went out and they repaired that too. We always said we had a new old car! LOL  We really planned on keeping that car forever because of the warranty. That is until someone decided to pull out in front of my daughter in law and totaled the car, that was last year! Everyone was fine except the car. The warranty does not transfer to another owner. 

I would stay away from the 08 just because it's a one year car and if you bump anything there are no parts to be had.  

As much as I love those cars, I’d reconsider dipping out of the Excursion for one. Aside from the shitty Mopar build quality of that era, those early gen III Hemi engines have lifter issues, even non-MDS versions, among other issues. Be prepared to replace front suspension components on the regular. Those cars are rad, especially the 08 with the better front clip, it’s just a shame they were built so poorly.

As much as I love those cars, I’d reconsider dipping out of the Excursion for one. Aside from the shitty Mopar build quality of that era, those early gen III Hemi engines have lifter issues, even non-MDS versions, among other issues. Be prepared to replace front suspension components on the regular. Those cars are rad, especially the 08 with the better front clip, it’s just a shame they were built so poorly.
Unfortunately she could care less about reliability or ease of maintenance. She just thinks they are cool 🙄. Im trying to talk her into a 64 belair wagon with an ls swap or something along those lines

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately she could care less about reliability or ease of maintenance. She just thinks they are cool 🙄. Im trying to talk her into a 64 belair wagon with an ls swap or something along those lines
Saturday night I saw a 1st gen Mustang get hit by a Camry.  It didn't go well for the Stang.  Old cars suck in a wreck, and given the penchant for coyotes to ditch La Migra going the wrong way on 8 in your 'hood... 

Saturday night I saw a 1st gen Mustang get hit by a Camry.  It didn't go well for the Stang.  Old cars suck in a wreck, and given the penchant for coyotes to ditch La Migra going the wrong way on 8 in your 'hood... 
That is why we have the excursion. Hopefully its just a phase that fades soon and never happens 😂

Ex-Wife had rented a few cars in her travels.  She took that info when she went looking for cars.  The Dodge Magnum and the sedan version whatever it was called from the outside were her top of the most wanted list.

However the thing she found out by renting  and we double checked by test driving was the AC systems sucked.    Sucked to the point of they were off the list.

Back