Any console gamers here? Xbox X vs PS5

LegitDuner

Reaction score
I've done enough reading to choke a horse and I'm leaning really hard on the Xbox X because of Dolby vision/Atmos and their game pass subscription.

I'm seeing PS5 having a larger game library (PS Now) but not as good of games in the future since Xbox seems to have bought every game maker out there. Apparently Microsoft also has dibs on Dolby vision and PS5's version of Dolby vision only works on their 2021 TVs.

If you were an old school gamer looking to get into something, which one would you/did get? My main thing is good sports and simulation games and good audio/video.

Anybody having any inside scoop on whether Sony is going to do more with their subscription services? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a PS5 and it was damn near impossible to get. I've been gaming on PS all my life since online gaming started and heard the first voice come across. Thought it was the coolest s**t ever! Never really grew out of it. I'm amazed at what it has become. I have my on/offs throughout the year but I must always have the best in my mind. 

I didn't like X box due to their quirky controller back in the day and just never gave them a real chance. 

This time I went all out. Best TV I can afford, Samsung Q something 85", spent a buttload on a headset and I must say, it's the best damn picture and sound I've ever experienced! It's fast and displays in 4k very fast. I love it. As I get older though, it doesn't matter as much as it used to. 

To get the PS5, wife had to follow some fellers on Twitter, she had to open an account just for it, and some of these dudes know exactly when they drop at places like Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Gamestop etc... online purchase, into your shopping cart. It's gotta be done within seconds of the drop. These are the accounts she followed... top 3. See image.

IMG_7575.jpg

Good luck finding an Xbox Series X.  Only way I got mine was from Walmart +'s early 4 hour window of online buying.  I had to wait in a digital line for 10 mins but got one.  People are camping out at stores to get one still.  Crazy!

Xbox Series X here, I've been on Xbox for years.

Honestly, unless you are into any of the exclusive titles that are only available on PS or Xbox, they're both pretty powerful consoles and you can't really go wrong.

I actually scored both of them yesterday morning at 9:00 a.m. Walmart had a drop and they were both available, so I put them both in my cart hoping to at least get one. Now I just got to choose which one to keep. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually scored both of them yesterday morning at 9:00 a.m. Walmart had a drop and they were both available, so I put them both in my cart hoping to at least get one. Now I just got to choose which one to keep. 
I’ll buy the Sexbox if you decide to sell.

I was hardcore into Halo in the early 2000s thru like 2012 then became busy and didn’t have time to play.

I want to get back into playing it.  It’s the only game I ever played.

Back