Another effed up cali law

While I generally dislike our government...

The conditions meat pigs are usually raised in is deplorable.  Not so much that I care about the pig's mental anguish, but more because it's F-ing disgusting and mitigated by all manner of chemicals.  There's a reason guys like @wash11 have been able to carve out a good living farming the way you're supposed to.  I'll gladly pay extra to a local co-op than buy from some meat factory.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

So off subject but on the way home I went through Nebraska. I hit a custom meat store and picked up some bacon, omg unbelievable the difference. I see a whole new industry opening soon watch out for the new "bacon smugglers".

Don't worry, the entire country will help pay for this..................Happy Pigs are important🤪

time to stock up like peeps did with TP hahah

Not really sure how much Bacon comes from CA,  if price goes up its really just because of mass hysteria,  if you look at the top 10 producing states CA is not even close.  

At least CA is popular for its 

Beaches 

No fun guns 

No easy to use straws 

No shipping performance parts for factory cars 

No towing over 55  

Who thinks this Crap up,     

There's a reason guys like @wash11 have been able to carve out a good living farming the way you're supposed to.  I'll gladly pay extra to a local co-op than buy from some meat factory.
That's fun and all but the reality of access to free range, happy pigs is extremely limited.  Just like local grown, non GMO, hippie picked veggies and fruit can never feed the masses or supply industrial process plants for other food items ingredients.

If everyone started to go to your "local farmer/butcher", they'd be out-of stock tonight.  Theyd never be able to fill supply nor have the ability to do it.  

Small towns and communities could theoretically do it, assuming EVERYONE in that community was on board.

That's fun and all but the reality of access to free range, happy pigs is extremely limited.  Just like local grown, non GMO, hippie picked veggies and fruit can never feed the masses or supply industrial process plants for other food items ingredients.

If everyone started to go to your "local farmer/butcher", they'd be out-of stock tonight.  Theyd never be able to fill supply nor have the ability to do it.  

Small towns and communities could theoretically do it, assuming EVERYONE in that community was on board.
True. But, I don’t think they’re going from 1” extra space cages to happy pigs in the field…

Still don’t like the govt making things happen. We The People, dumb as we are, voted this guy in. 

As I recall reading CA consumes roughly 250m lbs of bacon a year, however it produces only about 50m lbs. Most of the rest comes from Iowa. So what we’re going to have to do is take Iowa!

Not really sure how much Bacon comes from CA,  if price goes up its really just because of mass hysteria,  if you look at the top 10 producing states CA is not even close.  

At least CA is popular for its 

Beaches 

No fun guns 

No easy to use straws 

No shipping performance parts for factory cars 

No towing over 55  

Who thinks this Crap up,     
The law is not about pigs coming from California. It’s saying any pork products coming into California must meet California’s regulations. It’s part of that same free range chicken law from a few years ago. The pork industry just got a few more years to comply. So an Iowa pig farmer must meet Cal regs for his pork to be sold and brought into California. 

I love pork, but would be willing to sacrifice the meet to piss off the rest of the state and for people to get pissed enough and overturn these laws that were voted in, without understanding the consequences of what they are voting for. The Dems spin or even alter the reading or the proposed law and the dumb people vote this crap in. Now it’s time to pay the price.

California thinks just because they are the 5th largest economy in the world they can bully the rest of the Nation into following their laws. It’s a power grab! 

Reactions: THD
Via lawsuit? 

I'd bet the firearm count in Iowa is higher than Ca.   Plus, they'll have to reload 1/3 as often as you....
Not even close.

But these numbers don't make any sense.  Just under 385k in CA?  Gotta be way more than that.  For all states.  Regardless, though....

Screenshot_20210805-054011_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even close.

But these numbers don't make any sense.  Just under 385k in CA?  Gotta be way more than that.  For all states.  Regardless, though....

View attachment 10853

LOL.

You said "registered".

ETA...There were almost 40 MILLION NICS checks in 2020 alone.

Through July  2021, Cali only has 886,292.  The winner so far, Illinois with 6.7 MIL....Illinois won last year too, almost 7.5 MIL.  Yes, a lot were denied.  But, A TON weren't even called in.  I've probably bought several dozen new guns in that time, zero NICS checks as I have a CWP/CCW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back