Amber Lights - First Trip Report / Questions / All amber lights?

wesinls

Reaction score
I have 4 Squadron lights on my front bumper, the 2 in the middle are amber and the 2 outers white...I'll be replacing the outers with amber lenses as well as I was shocked how much better the amber lenses worked.  Shadow details and the dust cutting is awesome.  

Question as it got me thinking - has anyone ran all amber lights, even on their light bar?  I've seen some people out there with that setup - but I'm not sure if it would be better / different / worse. Obviously when i turn on my white light bar and it's dusty it makes everything worse, but what would it look like if all amber is essentially what I would like to know.

I've searched and see multiple people say amber down low is key, but no one really comments on having amber light bar up high.  

image.png

FWIW, I had some cheap lights up front & replaced them with these 2 BD lights.  I never turned the light bar on again.  only drove with amber lamps.  huge improvement with the amber lights (& high quality lights)

Mind you we did not do a bunch of night driving.  if we did I would have replaced the light bar with the curved 40" that had ambers on the outside & whits on the inside. 

image.png

amber down low up front is key for seeing in the dust.  Up top lightbar is only good if you are leading or in zero dust conditions no matter what the color is.  

Last weekend I found a weird space craft in the sand while duning at night with my amber lights.  

IMG_4064.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an amber Rigid 40” bar, it was crazy bright, but didn’t help in the dust, actually feel it was worse. I now just run white up top and half amber in the bumper, seems to do ok until we get in the real thick dust between sets, nothing seems to cut that dust!

Amber BD’s down low for the win!

bonus points for amber BD’s low on the A-pillars pointed slightly down and slightly more out so when you are duning at night you can peek over the transitions before you turn into them 

amber down low up front is key for seeing in the dust.  Up top lightbar is only good if you are leading or in zero dust conditions no matter what the color is.  

Last weekend I found a weird space craft in the sand while duning at night with my amber lights.  

View attachment 86623
Clicked on your picture, then went to Facebook and this is the first ad they show me...🤔

(Sorry to interrupt, too weird not to share)

Screenshot_20231114_200449_Facebook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Amber just keeps your pupils from dilating as much and dim the light somewhat. Brighter the lights, worse you’ll see in the dust. 

I switched to 4 baja designs xl80 in amber on my SCU big bro

its a night and day difference, not sure I could go back

i do not do a lot of night driving but coming back from drags last weekend the dust was gnarly and these performed extremely well

IMG_9522.jpeg

I switched to 4 baja designs xl80 in amber on my SCU big bro

its a night and day difference, not sure I could go back

i do not do a lot of night driving but coming back from drags last weekend the dust was gnarly and these performed extremely well

View attachment 86707
As long as I don’t turn on the Chinese light bar I’m good. 

IMG_4850.jpeg

i just put a yellow film over the small light bar i have in the front grill, it was not expensive at all, and works great. you could get something like that to put on your light bar and try it out. if you dont like it just take it off. better than buying a new light bar. 

This reminds me, I followed someone else for the first time and holy hell I couldn't see chit past the dust. It was very very bad. I'm gonna need something, too. 

Back