Alumicraft Racing Sandcars/Buggies Gallery

Desertdogs

Reaction score
Thought since we have a Funco Forum - it would be a good idea to have a gallery of cars for all of the builders. Not for Tech - those questions/topics to stay in the Technical forum.  Post them pics of your awesome cars!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any knowledge of the whereabouts of the cars above? This last one with the blower looks violent!   
The last pic of the candy apple red car belongs to a 75 yr old dude named Whitey that we always camp w/ over christmas/new years.

Big blower motor and Mendeola HD.

John is still very much involved. Matt Majors also is a partner with the new owners.

168 .jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He sold to one of his customers. I think he is staying on for a year to help transition.
Wow! First I’m hearing about this? I thought he would continue for several more years, as the company was doing great, and has a good team working for him. 

Maybe he’s been talking to Mike Julson and hearing about the good retired life! 

Would a successful hardware manufacturer be involved too? 
Negative, unless the successful hardware manufacturer you speak of is not us...😁

We just race dune buggys, don't want to build them.

I would have bet money that John would never have sold his business. I wonder what he is planning to do next?

Back