J Alper

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Alper Motorsports Ball Bearing Shifter for Mendi

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Does it have a positive return?

Can you show a pix of the bottom so I can get an idea of how it mounts?  I assume a flat plate?

Does it have a positive return?

Can you show a pix of the bottom so I can get an idea of how it mounts?  I assume a flat plate?
Flat plate, and comes with a weld on mounting plate, 

Moving forward on the Weddle Transaxle they do not want any return springs on the shifters, we have tested ours for about 2 years now, and on the S4D it makes it a much smoother shift, 

Fortin sequential.  😉
We use to do a bottom shift, but not real popular, I think the Fortin use a bottom shift, Only doing the to shift like a Albins,  so i think for a Fortin the arm on the trans to shift it will have to be reversed, 

If a top shift will work then Yes, 

On the S4 we move the shifter arm upside down on the new transaxle, and on the old trans we make a plate to move the cable on the opposite side of the shaft, to reverse the shift  

Big Thumbs Up for these shifters..Get it mounted and route your cables so there is no binding and you will feel no resistance in the mechanism. It was a huge improvement over my old Hargett. Only difference is the throw is longer but you get used to that.

Flat plate, and comes with a weld on mounting plate, 

Moving forward on the Weddle Transaxle they do not want any return springs on the shifters, we have tested ours for about 2 years now, and on the S4D it makes it a much smoother shift, 

We use to do a bottom shift, but not real popular, I think the Fortin use a bottom shift, Only doing the to shift like a Albins,  so i think for a Fortin the arm on the trans to shift it will have to be reversed, 

If a top shift will work then Yes, 

On the S4 we move the shifter arm upside down on the new transaxle, and on the old trans we make a plate to move the cable on the opposite side of the shaft, to reverse the shift  
I meant a wide gear 4 speed.  Those are H pattern.  Fortin offers other transaxles other than the sequential.

Will it work for a mid engine? I'm waiting on my new S4 now and I will need a shifter.

Will it work for a mid engine? I'm waiting on my new S4 now and I will need a shifter.
for the mendi mid engine, we still do the top shift and flip the tranny shift arm upside down to change the direction, will post a picture this weekend 

I have had a few and I love them, got one going in the new SCU build.

Back