Allison transmission service in San Diego

Dogwillhunt

Reaction score
Hi everyone 

I have a workhorse with an Allison transmission. 
I need to have the gearbox serviced, it’s sending codes for shift solenoid. 
from what I’ve learned parts can be hard to come by, causing 2 shops I’ve talked to to kind of blow it off. 
 Does anyone have recommendations in the San Diego area?

thanks 

Ken 

Velocity truck center in Mira Mar is an Allison service center.

dive them a shout to see if they can help you out. Primarily a freightliner dealer but worth a shot. Best around with Allison

@Dogwillhunt I have a guy who is a retired GM Tech that specializes in allison transmissions in Menifee, CA. He quickly diagnosed and fixed a solenoid issue on my LBZ duramax. Trans basically didn't know what gear it was in and shifted hard. He knew exactly what it was and fixed it in 1 day once the parts arrived. He has a tech 2 scanner and will be able to clear any codes that your trans is throwing once he resolves the issue. I can DM you his contact information if you are interested. 

Although Mike L (Inglewood Transmission) is the best in the business when it comes to built allison transmissions, they will try to sell you on rebuilding your trans. I explained my problem to them and they straight up told me that my trans was toast and had to be rebuilt. Not bashing them at all, just an honest experience. I know several people that have had actually toasted allison transmissions built by them and have had great experiences with their company. I would recommend them only for having your trans rebuilt, as they did not seam interested in troubleshooting and fixing solenoid issue. 

Back