Airless Paint Sprayer, which one do you like / hate?

Crusty

Reaction score
I've got allot of Interior Walls to get painted, not thrilled about rolling it all. 2700 sq. foot home and I don't want to pay somebody the ridiculous C-19 pricing they're still asking right now.

I know I'll have Outdoor projects in the future, so a good sized Airless Sprayer seems like a smart choice.

I know prep work is key, I know overspray happens and i'll use more paint priming and cleaning out the machine..

What am I missing or what brands / deals / machines should I look at?

Re-doing EVERYTHING?  If not, decent chance you're going to paint more than just the walls with airless.  Rolling is still the easiest if you're not going to cover everything with plastic/paper.

Ceilings are done, will need to cover that.

Sprayer would be for Painting the Walls.

Doors, Door/Window Trim, Base boards, Wainscoting would be hand brushed.

Graco 395 ultra or 490 depending on your budget, good care and you will have a pump for life, 

with this pump you can spray from doors, base, cabinets to a med projects.

I rented when we painted my house & my Condo. 

We like the Titans. Have a 740ix and 640i. Both are over 20 years old with only a handful of rebuilds. These are more production pumps.

Also have a couple of Gracos.. Good machines also.. Graco ultra 395 would be my recommendation for a forever easy to use homeowner pump.

If the ceilings are done and the house is occupied I'd be cutting and rolling the walls and trim.  Maybe spray the doors.

i have a wagner flexio got at lowes. i have never used any other ones before but it has been good. i used it to paint the inside of my old house, the amount of prep work is nuts, you need to tarp and mask everything. for just under $200 i have gotten alot of use out of it. 

also used it to the cabinets in my kitchen now, used it to paint my gate. my dad took it to do a few projects. 

i dont have anything to compare to but i think the only thing i dont like is how wide the spray is. you can adjust the air pressure as to how much paint comes out but not how wide the spray is. i think it would be a cleaner job if you could adjust that. 

i have a wagner flexio got at lowes. i have never used any other ones before but it has been good. i used it to paint the inside of my old house, the amount of prep work is nuts, you need to tarp and mask everything. for just under $200 i have gotten alot of use out of it. 

also used it to the cabinets in my kitchen now, used it to paint my gate. my dad took it to do a few projects. 

i dont have anything to compare to but i think the only thing i dont like is how wide the spray is. you can adjust the air pressure as to how much paint comes out but not how wide the spray is. i think it would be a cleaner job if you could adjust that. 
You can buy different tips to get the right fan.

Graco but not the smallest they sell. Clean it well after everytime you use it. Suck the ‘storage juice’ they sell into it before putting it away and it will last a long time.

do you backroll after you spray?

do you backroll after you spray?
Depends on your experience spraying, machine setup and what the texture is.

We usually don't backroll ceilings but will backroll the final coat on the walls. Backrolling makes touching up later much better.

Covering the cieling to spray walls will make you go nuts. It doesn't work for chit.

On a new construction or empty repaints we will spray prime and caulk. Then spray trim, and mask trim. Spray walls and backroll the second coat. Then drop all the walls with plastic and spray finish on the cielings.

Depends on your experience spraying, machine setup and what the texture is.

We usually don't backroll ceilings but will backroll the final coat on the walls. Backrolling makes touching up later much better.
thats why i ask i had heard that and it was the reason my touchups with same paint looked so much off. it was amazing the difference. it was sprayed and not backrolled originally. we had 30 townhome rentals that I managed and touch ups resulted in full repaints downstairs even though we had plenty extra left over. 

Back