Air Fryers?

Esco

Reaction score
Yay or Nay

I like mine cooks stuff in half the time depending on what your cooking though right

Wife's had 3 of them now.  Her and the girls like them.  Not blown away but they make stuff pretty good and fast.  Haven't really "made" anything in it, just frozen stuff and reheat crispy. 

I've always wondered about those. So are they a replacement for a deep fryer? Or are they more of a replacement for a toaster oven?

Make good fries and breaded things without the oil.  I'll the eat the stuff it makes as long as my chic cleans it..

I've always wondered about those. So are they a replacement for a deep fryer? Or are they more of a replacement for a toaster oven?
I think way closer to Toaster Oven.  My brother has done some batter dipped type things but it's much smaller scale and I believe can be a mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not a fryer! It’s just a cheap convection oven!  The companies should be tried for false advertising. Rant over. 

Also dont buy a small one. You will be unhappy with the amount of food you can actually put in them. They need some breathing room to cook.

If you make battered fried chicken it will never replace actual deep fryer. 
It’s really closer to a toaster oven but still not the same since it circulates the hot air inside. Completely different cooking principle than a frier. Great at reheating frozen pre-made food but your oven does a good job too.

Interesting.  I've had some bacon made in one and it was decent.

They are just a small convection oven, we got on that you can turn the fan off, then it's just a mini oven. I have not used my regular oven in months. We bought one big enough to do meals in, so that way it's does double duty. Air fry stuff that needs to be crispy, then bake cookies afterwards. Probably the best kitchen purchase we ever made. Gets used more then anything.....

They are not all the same.

I bought a Ninja Foodi and it can do about 11 different things. Air fry (excellent shake and bake chicken strips and pork chops, fries, hash browns, etc) plus pressure cook, rice cooker, boiler, steamer, dehydrator, crock pot, etc. Lots of cookbooks for them as well. 

I have a few of them and love them.  I use it everyday for something.  Oven replacement unless cooking big meals. I threw lamb chops and broccoli and taters in there for 17 min and everything was perfect.   

Bought my mother  one for X-Mas a few years back. She loves it.  Peas .  .

They are just a small convection oven, we got on that you can turn the fan off, then it's just a mini oven. I have not used my regular oven in months. We bought one big enough to do meals in, so that way it's does double duty. Air fry stuff that needs to be crispy, then bake cookies afterwards. Probably the best kitchen purchase we ever made. Gets used more then anything.....
Totally agree. We’ve been using one for 3-4 years. They are total life  savers if you have kids. Perfect Chicken nuggets, fries etc in 20 min no preheat. We take it in the motorhome and make pizza bites, jalapeno poppers, mozzarella sticks, egg rolls etc. 

i know you can do more with them, like asparagus and bacon and such, but i have a wok i prefer for all that

We have had one for 3 to 4 years and use it a lot for quick easy meals it works great, no pre heat is nice. 

If you have a convection oven then you have an air fryer. 

The little portable ones hold a small amount of food. 

Back