Advice on 2007 Wuerth Stage 2

ELglamis

Reaction score
Anyone know much abt Wuerth rails? Might be buying a 2007 4 seater.  
Wondering if anyone has had one and knows how they dune  

-Engine: CBM Motorsports 3.5 ltr. V6 GM Short Star
-Transmission: California Performance -Mendeola MD-2D transmission
-Kings on 4 corners 

My friend's dad has had a 5 seater Wuerth car since built new in 2005. It has a 2332 turbo VW w/ a built 091 and single kings on all 4 corners. It has always been the leader car and has been driven by all of his boys as they grew up over the years. It has been one of the most reliable cars in our group for the past 16/17 years. I have driven it many times and it is a solid duner and handles great. Turns well and feels stable in the big and small dunes.

He had issues originally with how the rear suspension was set up as it would bottom out alot in the big bowls in tight transitions (typical issue for most cars). After some shock tuning he ended up getting it to handle nicely. His car was one of the 1st cars off the jig and Steve (Owner) made improvement to the chassis design based on input from him and several others. Since the one you're looking at is a 2007, I can assume a lot of improvements were integrated into it. 

Hope that helps with your decision. 

We had Steve build us a Sandrail (not a dual sport) in 2005. Had a turbo Ecotec 2.2 engine and Mendeola E transmission. It was very reliable and was great in the dunes. It weighed in at 1800 Lbs. and had approximately 400 H.P. at the flywheel so it was really fun at the drags also. Wuerth cars are a very well built car. We were always very happy with it and it never left us stranded. I think you will be very happy with it. Lets see some pictures...

Last edited by a moderator:
Like was mentioned above, the only issues I have seen with them are trailing arm issues.  But the person I knew that owned the car was an idiot and bottomed that thing out all over in the sand.  He broke everything with everything he owned.

I like the size of the cars and weight, pretty nimble as well.

I also built one the early wuerth cars think mine was number 3 or 4. Was a fun car had a turbo subi in it. The first gen spindles had some cracking issues but by 2007 it should have the updated design. 

I built 2 Wuerth cars. First one was a 2005 stage 2 with a Shortstar V6 and Bus trans. It was awesome in the dunes. A little light on power for my liking, but everything else worked great. After rebuilding the trans regularly, I had him build me a 2007 dual sport with an LS1/Mendi 2d. That car was amazing! I loved how light and agile it was. If he was building cars today, I would be in line to get one. For the record, I currently own a Funco and would take my original Wuerth dual sport car back any day given the choice. 

Wow. Great responses that really help. Going to see it in person tomorrow and will be taking cash and trailer Bc after reading the comments I feel confident we’ll be buying. Thanks everyone. 

Will let you know how it goes…..

Wow. Great responses that really help. Going to see it in person tomorrow and will be taking cash and trailer Bc after reading the comments I feel confident we’ll be buying. Thanks everyone. 

Will let you know how it goes…..
What are they asking for it ?  I would try to negotiate a little and set aside some money to swap out the short star with a Honda 3.5 

Post up some pictures if you end up making a deal. 

Love my Weurth as well. Ls3 and 2d. Make sure to check around trailer arm pivots for any cracks. I believe they are known to crack around there. I bottom out a little and need to add some Moreno compression and dial in the rear more. Other than that no complaints.  I upgraded front hubs to 2” hollows. 

99AD936F-C60D-4005-844B-E36934880DEC.jpeg

I looked at a couple wuerth cars and couldn’t get over the interesting lower a arm design. 

I looked at a couple wuerth cars and couldn’t get over the interesting lower a arm design. 
That design is actually very smart from an engineering standpoint it puts the stress on the outside of a bend vs the inside of the bend like most other cars with that style front end

That design is actually very smart from an engineering standpoint it puts the stress on the outside of a bend vs the inside of the bend like most other cars with that style front end
It seemed to me to create a dead tube situation? 

Love my Weurth as well. Ls3 and 2d. Make sure to check around trailer arm pivots for any cracks. I believe they are known to crack around there. I bottom out a little and need to add some Moreno compression and dial in the rear more. Other than that no complaints.  I upgraded front hubs to 2” hollows. 

View attachment 20768
@ELglamis Ditto on the trailing arm pivots. Our buddies cracked over time as well. Apologies totally forgot to mention that! 

Love my Wuerth car! Mine is a 2006. When I bought it, it had a stock j35 Honda with an 091. Over the off season, we redid the engine cage, put a mendi 2d in and built a turbo kit for the j35. It made 363whp/368wtq on 5-6 psi! I Pretty much rebuilt/updated the entire car over the off-season. 

04699586-B54F-4A18-897B-F1E2F6F34BA9.jpeg

339B10A1-EBD1-482B-91FB-5B27BFF6D018.jpeg

BE94961A-388D-4320-B99F-57C98DA84A4C.jpeg

Looks awesome!  I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I miss my Wuerth car. 

Back