Adjustable preload?

RiverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the time you don’t need facedork to see it

That doesnt look like it increases the pre load at all. The top of the shock moves as much as the bottom. seem more like as adjustable lift kit

That is kinna weird, and makes no sense at all why it is doing that!

Seems like a gimmick to me.

But...

If you had a four seater car, and some of your fat buddies show up and wanna go for a ride?

🤷‍♂️😁

That doesnt look like it increases the pre load at all. The top of the shock moves as much as the bottom. seem more like as adjustable lift kit

I believe the spring is short in the video.. if the shock was at full stroke already and the top moved like that it would increase the pre load

It’s moving the spring perch. For some reason the shock is already compressed (so no preload at all for
5” or whatever it’s moving), so it’s moving the bottom eyelet out.

It appears to be hydro or pneumatic though (smooth release with no motor sound), which would mean it isn’t damped, or has a separate damper unless there’s lockouts like on a car lift (which I don’t hear disengaging). Seems gimmicky.

I believe the spring is short in the video.. if the shock was at full stroke already and the top moved like that it would increase the pre load

Ideally...

A spring Should be installed at zero pre-load. Any pre-load on the spring just makes the ride that much harsher.

Then you have dual and triple rate springs for various riding conditions.

Having Variable pre-load might cause more harm, than good?

This is why Real shock guys, get paid the big bucks. 👍🏼

I agree, doesn't seem to change preload but only ride height. But, it appears to severely limit bump travel when backed off. This can't be a good thing...

It’s moving the spring perch. For some reason the shock is already compressed (so no preload at all for
5” or whatever it’s moving), so it’s moving the bottom eyelet out.

It appears to be hydro or pneumatic though (smooth release with no motor sound), which would mean it isn’t damped, or has a separate damper unless there’s lockouts like on a car lift (which I don’t hear disengaging). Seems gimmicky.
You gots a purdy mouf.

Back