ABC.. back... into driving a RACE CAR?????

ANGRYBUTTCRACK

Reaction score
Always HATED... when they'd say 'dune buggy'... or 'sand car'... Eff THAT... my car.. that I sold was a  EffING RACE CAR.... that's how I drove it.. that's that is is/was... I'm thinking of dumpin the RZRs and getting BACK... to TRUE.. RACE CAR DRIVING..

I don't like 'the drags'.. I like DUNING a high HP... Long Travel Race CAR... everyone bet I'd WRECK... I drove it that way ... I 'race prepped' for it...

I love these little UTVs... but they'll Never... NEVER .. match the thrill of the ABC SCU .. I owned...

I'll be 50 in March 0f 2022..

Thinking of ditching the RZRs and going back to...

... Racing... What say you?... I mean Eff...only live ONCE!.. I have HUNDREDS.. of in car.. out car... footage.. can't upload.. cause the files are HUGE.. I'd have to YOUTUBE them.. which makes it only worse for my addiction... I think I can go back and get back in.. everyone in the Kilin' It' Crew thought I was lame with my fire suppression, big neck collar, wrist straps both arms, etc. but I was about to go. .. next level.. after seeing dudes who wrecked their SCUs and their knees shattered...I was gonna add full goalie hockey thigh, shin and knee pads.. cause I EXPECTED to eventually CRASH.. 

I always liked solo driving.. just me.. full gear.. GO GO GO.....

WHAT

SAY

YOU

??

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you talking about just getting anther “buggy” for the dunes, or are you seriously talking about racing? Like BITD, SCORE or a regional series? Because Duning is not racing. Not even close. Just because you go fast or go big in the dunes, does not mean you were racing or have the experience to say you raced. 

I racing is something you want to do, and if you have the disposable income, because you will flush money. If the families on board with it, Then try it! 

Go to a race or two, see what gets your blood pumping, and see if you can afford to be competitive in that class, and jump in. I know you think the UTV’s are not fast enough, but they are faster then 75% of the classes out there right now. Plus that’s a vehicle you have experience with. Or check out class 10. That’s a drivers class and you better be on your game. 

Plus you will need to build a team, but equipment and vehicles for prerunning and chasing. 

No more caffeine tonight for you.
25390266.jpg

I say do it! I miss my sand cars when out in the dunes. I love my SXS for everything else.

I want a sand car again so bad, but we just don't ride the dunes as much as trails now so SxS is the tool of choice.

If/when I ever get the SanJeep done we will be back in the dunes "Racing" all the old school jeep hill climb events and duning as much as possible.

I hear ya!! Ditched my 4 seat sand car for an Alumicraft class 10 car and pulled the ecotec out and dropped in a 440. Can't wait to get back to the sand box with the new power plant. This was a race car, left the window nets and all the other race equipment it came with. Safety first!!!

IMG_2653.JPG

Are you talking about just getting anther “buggy” for the dunes, or are you seriously talking about racing? Like BITD, SCORE or a regional series? Because Duning is not racing. Not even close. Just because you go fast or go big in the dunes, does not mean you were racing or have the experience to say you raced. 

I racing is something you want to do, and if you have the disposable income, because you will flush money. If the families on board with it, Then try it! 

Go to a race or two, see what gets your blood pumping, and see if you can afford to be competitive in that class, and jump in. I know you think the UTV’s are not fast enough, but they are faster then 75% of the classes out there right now. Plus that’s a vehicle you have experience with. Or check out class 10. That’s a drivers class and you better be on your game. 

Plus you will need to build a team, but equipment and vehicles for prerunning and chasing. 

At KOH last year I was totally thinking Class 10. For sure, duning is NOT racing. I'd need to figure out my 'budget.'  Probably wishful thinking. I'm not sure I can really take the 'time away' .. we'll see after this semiconductor allocation ends how many extra $$ I have to blow.

Thanks,

abc

When I was messing with my Turbo S at night in Rialto, Lidel Creek wash, we got lost and in a HUGE concrete plant.. those modern SXS, especially since mine is the 2 seater, have AMAZING clearance. Feels like a jeep on steroids climbing and going over some serious burms/hills. 

I probably will take a full season to figure it out... If I can only get my peeps to go to Glamis, seems like a waste to just drive SXSs...

Thanks for the input/feedback.

abc

Back